Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Terca Lumireis (テルカ・リュミレース Teruka Ryumireesu?) is the world in which Tales of Vesperia takes place. There is a substance that suffuses the world called aer, which humans once used as a fuel to operate an ancient technology called blastia. The people live in fear of the hordes of monsters that crawl the earth and rely on the barriers created by blastia to defend themselves. Terca Lumireis is heavily controlled by the Empire, apart from the Guild Union and non-Union guilds, though there has been no emperor or empress for several years prior to the events of the story.
There are six continents on Terca Lumireis: Ilyccia (イリキア Irikia?), Tolbyccia (トルビキア Torubikia?), Desier (デズエール Dezueeru?), Hypionia (ヒピオニア Hipionia?), Weccea (ウェケア Uekea?), and Yurzorea (ユルゾレア Yuruzorea?). The Inner Ocean (内輪の海 Uchiwa no Umi?) is surrounded by the six continents, while the Outer Ocean (外輪の海 Gairin no Umi?) surrounds the six continents.
The main settlements on Ilyccia are the imperial capital Zaphias, Deidon Hold, Halure, and Aspio. The port town Capua Nor connects Ilyccia to Tolbyccia, in conjunction with Capua Torim. Other areas of interest include the sewers of Zaphias, the Quoi Woods, the Shaikos Ruins, Ehmead Hill, and Ragou's residence in Capua Nor. There is also an aer krene in Ilyccia, hidden within a large grouping of rocks. The Blade Drifts of Zopheir are located off the northern coast of Ilyccia and contain a deactivated aer krene. The large weapon Heracles docks off the southwestern coast of Ilyccia.
- Mayoccia Plains - The area around Zaphias.
- Northern Mayoccia Plains - The area between Zaphias and Deidon Hold.
- Northeast Mayoccia Plains - The area to the north of Deidon Hold.
- Western Mayoccia Plains - The west coast plains of Ilyccia.
- Southern Mayoccia Plains - An elevated plateau south of Zaphias. This area cannot be reached on foot.
- Southeast Peyoccia Plains - A forest area on the outskirts of Quoi Woods.
- Central Peyoccia Plains - An area near Halure, located in the center of Peyoccia Plains.
- Peyoccia Plains - Northern trails - A road between Halure and Aspio.
- Peyoccia Plains - Southern trails - A road between Deidon Hold and Halure.
- Eastern Peyoccia Plains - The eastern plateau of the Peyoccia Plains.
- Northern Peyoccia Plains - A plateau north of Halure, City of Blossoms.
- Peyoccia Plains - Western trails - An area to the east of Ehmead Hill.
- Northeast Ilyccia - An area around Shaikos Ruins.
- Corridor Beach - A long stretch of beaches extending from the south to the north.
- Eastern Muluroccia Peninsula - An area to the west of Ehmead Hill.
- Northern Muluroccia Peninsula - The northern region of the Muluroccia Peninsula. An area including Capua Nor.
- Southern Muluroccia Peninsula - A plateau to the south of Capua Nor.
- The Southeastern Plains of the Muluroccia Peninsula - These grasslands are unreachable on foot.
- Astefiellus Mountains - Home to the tallest mountain in the world. The severely cold climate keeps intruders out.
- The Eastern Island of Ilyccia - The largest island in the world, located east of the Ilyccia continent.
- Laulyse Island - A natural, rocky reef.
- The Northern Blade Drifts of Zopheir - The northern most arctic region of Ilyccia.
- The Blade Drifts of Zopheir - The freezing temperature of the glaciers is said to be cold enough to cut through bodies. Ilyccia's northernmost region.
The main settlements of Tolbyccia are Heliord and Dahngrest. The port town Capua Torim connects Tolbyccia to Ilyccia with the collaboration of Capua Nor. Other areas of interest include Keiv Moc, home to an aer krene; Caer Bocram, a fallen city; and Ghasfarost, a tower with a Hermes blastia built in to manipulate the weather. The Manor of the Wicked, home base of the Leviathan's Claw guild, is also located on Tolbyccia.
- The Eastern Plains of Tolbyccia - The only flat area on Tolbyccia, stretching from Torim Harbor. It is separated by mountains and receives little rain.
- Eastern Tolbyccia - A large forest area in the middle of the Tolbyccian continent. Tisbem Lake can be found in this area, surrounded by mountains.
- Central Eastern Tolbyccia - A forested region with Heliord in the center. An area with plenty of rivers and waterfalls.
- Northern Tolbyccia - With Dahngrest in the center, this area divides between the continent's plains and forest regions.
- Central Western Tolbyccia - An area around the forest of Keiv Moc.
- Southwest Tolbyccia - A plateau on southwest Tolbyccia.
- Western Tolbyccia - A forest on western Tolbyccia where the Manor of the Wicked is located.
- Southern Tolbyccia - An elevated forest unreachable on foot.
- Swendle Island - An island to the north of Tolbyccia. The tower of Ghasfarost was once an island.
- Eastern Swendle Island - The eastern part of Swendle Island. This area did not become a tropical rain forest due to the surrounding mountains.
- Carapuson Islands - The islands between Tolbyccia and Yurzorea.
- Tolbyccia Southern Islands - An island off the coast of southern Tolbyccia.
- Northern Tolbyccia - Ocean area located to the north of Tolbyccia.
The main settlements of Desier are Nordopolica, Mantaic, and Yormgen. Other places of interest include the Weasand of Cados, home to an aer krene; the Sands of Kogorh, home to Phaeroh's Crag; and Mt. Temza, site of one of the main battles during the Great War. Temza, a Krityan city, once resided on Desier but was destroyed during the war. There is also an aer krene untouched by humans located on an island near Desier.
- Zadrack Peninsula - The peninsula where Nordopolica is located.
- The Eastern Plains of Desier - The eastern part of Desier that includes the plateau region and the road leading to Nordopolica.
- The Mother Caods Mountains - Eastern Plains - The plains east of the Mother Cados Mountains, dividing the Desier continent.
- The Mother Cados Mountains - Western Desert - The desert region stretching from Cados to Mantaic.
- The Mother Cados Mountains - Northern Desert - A desert to the north of the Cados Mountains.
- Sands of Kogorh - A vast desert in the center of Desier.
- Southern Sands of Kogorh - The southern region of the Kogorh Desert. It is elevated above sea level.
- The Father Muzaeli Mountains - East Desert - A desert to the east of the Muzaeli Mountains.
- North Father Muzaeli Mountains - A range of mountains where Mt. Temza is located.
- East Father Muzaeli Mountains - The eastern most area of the Muzaeli Mountains.
- Father Muzaeli Mountains - A steamy area in the Muzaeli Mountains.
- The Four Isles - A group of islands off the southern coast of Desier.
- Sands of Kogorh, Southern Island - A desert island off the southern coast of Desier.
- Zadrack Island - A desert island.
- Myannema Twin Islands - Two identical islands surrounded by a shallow lagoon.
The only human settlement on Hypionia is the recently-built Aurnion. Two other places of interest are Egothor Forest and an abandoned temple, Baction. Myorzo, city of the Kritya, is hidden within Egothor Forest and can only be accessed by ringing a special bell on the mountain peaks of the forest. Myorzo itself is constantly moving, held inside the flying Entelexeia Krones.
- Northeast Hypionia - The northeast region of Hypionia. A small path lies deep within the mountains.
- Eastern Hypionia - The eastern part of Hypionia is an area filled with all types of terrain. Sakkel Bay is to the north.
- Hypionia - The continent where Baction is located.
- Southern Hypionia - An area filled with intricate terrain.
- Western Hypionia - The area where the Egothor Forest is located.
- Beldeabou Bay - An opposing bay to Sakkel Bay.
- East Sulion Island - An island east of the group of islands off the southern Hypionia coast.
- South Sulion Island - An island in the center of a group of islands. It is surrounded by mountains and is oddly shaped.
- West Sulion Island - An island west of the group of islands off the southern Hypionia coast.
Weccea is a compilation of rocky, mountain-like chunks of land rising high from the ocean. As such, it is uninhabited and remains the last unexplored land on Terca Lumireis. The Empire was once ruled by Emperor Calx III, who sent scouting parties four times in order to claim the land. However, the scouting parties lost communication each time, and no one returned from these excursions. Its only notable location is Relewiese Hollow, home to the oldest aer krene in existence.
- Weccea - An uncharted continent.
- Northeast Weccea - An island northeast of Weccea.
- Southeast Weccea - An island southeast of Weccea.
- Southwest Weccea - An island southwest of Weccea.
Yurzorea is largely uninhabited, containing only the hot springs of Yumanju. However, there is an aer krene untouched by civilization located on the land mass as well. The Labyrinth of Memories is also located on Yurzorea.
- Northern Sulzanni Islands - A chain of islands to the west of Yurzorea.
- The Sulzanni Island chains - A chain of islands to the west of Yurzorea.
- South Sulzanni Islands - A chain of islands to the west of Yurzorea.
- Northern Yurzorea - A forest area on northern Yurzorea. The trees here are oddly shaped.
- Northeast Yurzorea - An elevated flat land surrounded by mountains.
- Truffdae Mountains - A mountain range in the center of Yurzorea.
- Southern Yurzorea - A land full of grasslands, forest, lakes, and trails.
- Eastern Yurzorea - Grassland on the eastern side of the continent.
- Niffel Lake - The largest lake in the world.
- Northern Isles, Yurzorea - Islands located north of Yurzorea.
- Nam Cobanda Isle - An island with a unique town located on the edge of the world map. The shade of the forest looks familiar.
- The Empire began approximately 1,000 years prior to the events of the story. Before the Empire's reign, there was a time known as the "Asule Period", which used a different calendar system than the modern one; one of its months was known as "Bluerre".
- An unnamed emperor in Terca Lumireis's recent history had a brother named Regin, also known as the "King of Adventure". He once led an exhibition known as the "Regin Expeditionary Force", which sought to defeat all the world's Giganto monsters, but they were defeated. Rich, who operates the "Wandering Traveler" with his partner Karen, stated his father was the only surviving member of this force.
- For a gallery of location images and emblems, see this page.