Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Arte Description and History
Tetra Spell casts four, typically weak, elemental spells immediately following each other. In its original form, it uses Fire Ball, followed by Ice Needles, Lightning, and Glaive, the weakest spells of each element in Tales of Phantasia. This was changed in Tales of Vesperia, which did not feature the same spells. Instead, the combination is Fire Ball, Wind Blade, Stone Blast, and Demon's Lance, despite Demon's Lance being an altered arte in this game.
In Tales of Xillia, it is not a separate spell, but rather a skill that can be equipped by Rowen J. Ilbert, which allows him to chain any novice spirit arte to a different novice spirit arte, with no casting time. As he has four novice spirit artes, it allows him to simulate the original spell, if used correctly. He retains this skill in the sequel, Tales of Xillia 2. The boss Chronos in this game, whose artes draw inspiration from the original Greater Craymel of Time, Sekundes, who, in turn, is a direct homage to the Tetra Spell's original user, Dhaos, can use Tetra Spell in its spell form, which casts the same four novice spirit artes that Rowen has access to: Fireball, Wind Lance, Splash, and Rock Trine.
Interestingly, in Tales of VS., Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2, and Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3, this spell instead casts four of the strongest spells associated with the original elements used: Ground Dasher, Tidal Wave, Cyclone, and Explode.
- Tales of Phantasia (SFC) - Dhaos
- Tales of Phantasia (PSX / iOS) + Full Voice + Cross Edition - Dhaos (Tetra Spell)
- Tales of Phantasia (GBA) + Mobile - Dhaos
- Tales of Vesperia - Time Traveller (Tetra Spell)
- Tales of Xillia - Skill: Rowen J. Ilbert (Tetra Spell)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Chronos; Skill: Rowen J. Ilbert (Tetra Spell)
- Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon - Dhaos
- Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X - Dhaos
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 - Dhaos
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Dhaos
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Dhaos
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Dhaos
- Tales of VS. - Dhaos
- Tales of Phantasia (SFC) (DeJap Translations): Tetra Spell
- Tales of Phantasia (PSX) (Absolute Zero): ?
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 (Kajitani-Eizan): Tetra Spell
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 (Kajitani-Eizan): Tetra Spell
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3
Translated Description (Kajitani-Eizan): "Use four kinds of magic."