Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Arte Description and History
The arte has the user attack the enemy in an attempt to acquire an item from them. Most enemies have a "Steal Item", an item that can be stolen from the enemy once during a battle. The actual physical appearance of the arte changes throughout the series, but the core of its use remains the same. It should be noted that, in some games like Tales of Destiny, the chance of a successful thievery increases with the amount of the "Luck" stats. However, in Tales of Vesperia, the chance of success increases by 1% for every 100 uses.
The chances of a successful thievery are rather low, though typically items or skills exist that increase the odds, and may require many attempts before acquiring the item. If an attempted the arte fails, the character who used it will often stall in battle for a couple of seconds, leaving them open for attack. For instance, Colette Brunel from Tales of Symphonia will trip and fall over. However, a successful steal will allow the character to continue moving as normal. Once an item is stolen, it cannot be stolen again in the same battle. In Tales of Hearts R, if Gall Gruner fails to steal an item, he kicks the enemy in frustration for additional damage.
- Tales of Destiny (PSX) - Rutee Katrea (Thievery)
- Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut - Rutee Katrea
- Tales of Eternia - Chat (Rover Tool)
- Tales of Symphonia - Colette Brunel (Item Rover)
- Tales of Innocence - Ange Serena
- Tales of Innocence R - Ange Serena, Hermana Larmo
- Tales of Vesperia - Repede (Thievery)
- Tales of Hearts - Support Arte: Rutee Katrea
- Tales of Hearts R - Gall Gruner (Thievery)
- Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X - Thief costume
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 - Thief costume, Rutee Katrea, Chat
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Thief costume, Rutee Katrea, Chat
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Thief class, Rutee Katrea (Thievery)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Thief class, Rutee Katrea, Chat, Colette Brunel
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Thief class, Rutee Katrea, Chat, Colette Brunel, Ange Serena
- Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Lusca (Thievery)
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 (Kajitani-Eizan): Thievery
- Tales of Innocence (Absolute Zero): Thievery
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Eternia
Localized Description: "She runs toward the enemy then steals the item held by the enemy. Only one item can be stolen from each enemy per battle."
Tales of Symphonia
Localized Description: "Lv. 3 Sp. Attack: a chance of stealing an item and Gald from the target."
Localized Quote (Failure): "Item-! Ow! Oops..."
Localized Quote (Success): "Item-! Ow! ...Hey, I got something!"
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Base: Occasionally steal an item from an enemy."
User: Rutee Katrea
Localized Quote (Success): "Mine!"
- ↑ Tales of Eternia (PSP) Skills Guide by Sintaku GameFAQ - Retrieved on 06-04-2009
- ↑ Tales of Symphonia (GC) Technique FAQ by Darth Marth GameFAQ - Retrieved on 05-04-2009