Tremorous Celestial Sundering Shredding Light of Cyclonic Butchery (震天裂空斬光旋風滅砕神罰割殺撃 Shinten Rekkuu Zankou Senpuu Messai Shinbatsu Kassatsugeki?) and Shinten Rekkuu Zankou Senpuu Messai Shinbatsu Kougeki (震天裂空斬光旋風滅砕神罰攻撃?) are two interconnected mystic artes in the Tales series. In Tales of Destiny 2, the former variant represents a "success" in its activation, while the latter is considered to be a "failure".
Arte Description and History
These two artes are animated as a series of strikes with varying elemental properties, with each phase of the attack based on the part of the arte name that is called out at that particular time. In Tales of Destiny 2, both artes extend from Shinkuu Kassaijin, and the execution of both artes are identical save for the ending action, in which a "success" would generate an explosive blast, which deals heavy damage, while the "failure" would result in Loni Dunamis merely punching the enemy for minimal damage. The cause of this difference depends on if Loni is able to catch his pole-arm as it drops from the air during his penultimate strike, as a "failure" results from his inability to retrieve his weapon, forcing him to conclude the arte while unarmed. This chance of failure is increased when the "Deck Brush" weapon is equipped.
In the PlayStation 3 release of Tales of Graces, only the "success" variant exists in the game, activated after Malik Caesar uses his Accelerate Mode effect "Harsh Lesson". Upon the final strike of this preceding attack, the mystic arte is initiated, in which Malik throws his weapon and creates a cross of light, which proceeds to strike the foe with an explosion, a tomb of rocks, and a cyclone, before finally sealing the foe in stone and slicing it in half. In the Japanese version of the game, an alternative vocal is used randomly when the arte is activated, in which Malik recites the arte name in English as Shake Split Slash Wind Crush Punish Divide End (シェイクスプリットスラッシュウインドクラッシュパニッシュディバイドエンド Sheikusupurittosurasshuuindokurasshupanisshudibaidoendo?). This feature was removed from the localized version of the game.
This arte has the distinction of bearing the longest name in Japanese text, amounting to fifteen kanji characters in its "successful" form and fourteen kanji characters in its "failure" form. Due to this long name, the arte is shortened within the menu screen in Tales of Graces, showing the name Tremorous Celestial etc. (シンテ（略） Shinte (Ryaku)?).
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Destiny 2
- Japanese Quote: 続けて喰らえ！震天裂空斬光旋風滅砕神罰割殺撃ーー!!
- Romanized Quote: Tsuzukete kurae! Shinten Rekkuu Zankou Senpuu Messai Shinbatsu Kassatsugekiii!!
- Translated Quote: "Keep going, eat this! Shinten Rekkuu Zankou Senpuu Messai Shinbatsu Kassatsugekiii!!"
Tales of Graces ƒ
- Japanese Quote: 始めるぞ！続けて喰らえ！震天裂空斬光旋風滅砕神罰割殺撃ーー!!
- Romanized Quote: Hajimeru zo! Tsuzukete kurae! Shinten Rekkuu Zankou Senpuu Messai Shinbatsu Kassatsugekiii!!
- Translated Quote: "Let's begin! Keep going, Eat this! Shinten Rekkuu Zankou Senpuu Messai Shinbatsu Kassatsugekiii!!"
- Alternate Japanese Quote: 始めるぞ！続けて喰らえ！シェイクスプリットスラッシュウインドクラッシュパニッシュディバイドエンド!!
- Alternate Romanized Quote: Hajimeru zo! Tsuzukete kurae! Sheiku Supuritto Surasshu Uindo Kurasshu Panisshu Dibaido Endo!!
- Alternate Translated Quote: "Let's begin! Keep going, Eat this! Shake Split Slash Wind Crush Punish Divide End!!"
- Localized Quote: "Ready for this... Tremorous! Celestial! Sundering! Shredding Light of Cyclonic Butchery!"
Tales of Destiny 2
- Japanese Quote:
- Loni: 続けて喰らえ！震天裂空斬光旋風滅砕神罰... 攻撃！！
- Kyle: ダサー...
- Romanized Quote:
- Loni: Tsuzukete kurae! Shinten Rekkuu Zankou Senpuu Messai Shinbatsu... Kougeki!!
- Kyle: Dasaa...
- Translated Quote:
- Loni: "Keep going, eat this! Shinten Rekkuu Zankou Senpuu Messai Shinbatsu... Kougeki!!"
- Kyle: "That was uncool..."