Arte Description and History
The spell creates a surge of wind that blasts enemies slightly into the air before causing a small gust of wind to spin around the enemy. Turbulence first appears in Tales of the Abyss as one of the spells available to Jade Curtiss. If he casts this spell within a fully-charged Fire or Light FOF Circle, the spell transforms into Flare Tornado.
The spell later appears in Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, learned by Genis Sage and Zelos Wilder in place of Air Thrust and Air Blade. Both know the spell by default when they first join the party. Additionally, monsters that join Emil Castagnier's party can learn Turbulence through the "Sylph's Mischief" grimoire. The spell has the same graphic design as in Tales of the Abyss since the games use similar animations.
This spell also reappears in Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology and the PlayStation 2 remakes of Tales of Destiny, but only as an enemy spell. In the Destiny remake, however, it was a strike arte that sees Hugo Gilchrist teleporting over to the target before coming down with a sword slash.
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Jade Curtiss
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Jade Curtiss
- Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Genis Sage, Zelos Wilder, Mandragora family through Puck, Harpy family through Furie, Gremlin family through Pied Piper, Lamia family through Moirae, Purger, "Sylph's Mischief" grimoire, monster ally Unison Attack (Turbulence)
- Tales of Mobile: Tales of Wahrheit - Vila Czarheit
- Tales of Link - Jade Curtiss, Sync (Turbulence)
- Tales of the Rays - Jade Curtiss (Turbulence), Sync, Lezard Valeth
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of the Rays
Localized Description: "An arte that generates a whirlwind to ensnare foes."