Arte Description and History
When the arte is used, the user pushes forward with their palm to strike the enemy, then blasts them with a powerful force, pushing it away. In Tales of Eternia, this represents Farah Oersted's first power arte, a fourth type of attack that can chained from any other attack that ends with her on the ground. It is a predecessor and requirement to the more powerful Chi, which is used as a further requirement to obtain her most powerful attacks.
Sync obtains this arte in Tales of the Abyss, used only during battles against the party. This game introduces the current localized name for the arte, Reaper's Toll. In Tales of Graces, this is also an arte available for Sophie, labeled as a charged arte, meaning it has to be charged up before its actual execution.
- Tales of Eternia - Farah Oersted (Twin Palm Strike)
- Tales of the Abyss - Sync (Reaper's Toll)
- Tales of Graces - Sophie (Reaper's Toll)
- Tales of Xillia - Jude Mathis (Reaper's Toll)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Jude Mathis (Reaper's Toll)
- Tales of Eternia Online - Fighter class
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Farah Oersted
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Farah Oersted, Sophie
- Tales of VS. - Farah Oersted
- Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave - Farah Oersted
- Tales of the World: Reve Unitia - Sophie
- Tales of the World: Tactics Union - Sophie
- Tales of Link - Sync, Sophie, Jude Mathis (Reaper's Toll), Farah Oersted (Twin Palm Strike / Reaper's Toll)
- Tales of the Rays - Sophie (Reaper's Toll), Sync
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Eternia
Localized Description: "Chi is gathered in the fists and thrust into the enemy with deadly force."
Tales of Graces
Localized Description: "A Lv.1 charged arte. Hold X during an A-Arte to charge; release to use."
Tales of the Rays
Localized Description: "Send foes flying after a series of palm attacks."
- ↑ Tales Series Translation FAQ by KusanagiLord02 GameFAQs (2006-11-05) Retrieved on 2008-07-24.
- ↑ Tales of Destiny II (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough Part 1/2 by Psycho Penguin GameFAQs (2002) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.