I see lots of pages without citation. Why is this?
What type of citation? Not everything has to be cited - only information sources.
Arosia (talk) 00:47, June 15, 2014 (UTC)
- If this is about voice actors, if they are listed in credits of the game/anime, citation is unnecessary since the source is already the game itself. This is the case for all Japanese seiyuu in every type of media ever (since the seiyuu are one of the keystones of popularity for Tales in Japan, starting with Destiny's two Gundam lead character voices), and for English voice actors in Symphonia GCN and Phantasia OVA. Destiny PSX has no English voice actors, using JP audio only.
I plan to Pre-order Tales of Xillia 2, which means lot's of articles will have to be created and edited. This wiki lacks the use of Tales of Xillia articles, probably because it is the newest game.
- Many articles do not exist because they are topics that people do not want to prioritize, due to lack of interest, or more dedication being focused toward other pages and tasks. In fact, I will always emphasize that new pages should not be created unless existing articles, particularly those which are currently stubs, should be fleshed out to become actual pages worth maintaining on this site, rather than creating even more stubs and spreading our attention even thinner. There is no need to create new pages just because they don't exist, and if you fall into this mindset, I'll delete those new pages if they fail to qualify as actual articles. Other topics need more love as it is, especially the content articles for older games from the pre-Abyss era, though again, any contributions that are made here are based on the actual interests of the users involved.
Should I edit stubs, or finish the half story articles?
Arosia, am I still giving you work to do? Should I leave this wiki?
When you edit a page, does it edit categories?
No, you do it manually.
Arosia (talk) 19:08, June 20, 2014 (UTC)
It seems that every time I edit a page that I don't follow, I mess the category up. The recent changes said something about me being banned.
That's because you were banned, for three days. Cease and desist messing with categories.
Arosia (talk) 23:21, June 20, 2014 (UTC)
Consider that one a warning ban. If problems persist in the future, it will be Mayu's ban system: one week, one month, one year (pretty much permanent, as it will be renewed every year). I strongly suggest you keep this in mind.
Arosia (talk) 05:49, June 22, 2014 (UTC)
Ahh ok, thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind. I made the Belkend page for preparation really. I was playing the game earlier and took some screenshots of the town and made a starting entry for the Belkend page on the Wiki. I was planning to add more information later to it.
As for the images that I uploaded... I was just following the procedure that was used already on some older images. I wasn't aware more stuff was needed. :/ I honestly didn't see that part on the images that I already checked. I thought they were correct as they are right now, because I put as much info as I could about the actual screenshots (Location, name of the game, etc).
(The source of the images came from myself, I made them while playing Tales of the Abyss).
We recently performed an image sweep on the wiki and implemented a new categorization system. There are still many image files in need of updating, but this is a large task that will take time. However, any newly-uploaded image files should adhere to the refined system. If the source of the images is yourself, you need to state this. The licensing method of citing images is vague, and it leads to users applying it without even knowing what it means (or they simply lie and avoid taking responsibility altogether).
Arosia (talk) 18:55, June 22, 2014 (UTC)
Gotcha. I'll keep that in mind for future image uploads.
This might be a stupid question though - I couldn't find this in the MoS... but how/where exactly do I put the source information for the images? I couldn't find this section on the upload page either. Maybe you can link me a to a proper image that was recently uploaded? So I can take a look at how to do it the correct way.
Here is our uploading rules for images. I'm also about to adjust your recent uploads accordingly.
Arosia (talk) 19:13, June 22, 2014 (UTC)
Thanks! I noticed the changes you made to the uploads. I'll follow that format from now on. Sorry for the trouble with the previous uploads!
Forgot to ask this yesterday, what size should we use for thumbnails? I noticed on some pages it's 250px, but then on other pages it's 300px again. Is 300px the recommended size to use?
- 300px is an absolute maximum. Nothing should be larger than that size width. However, it's already quite large of a space to consume as a single image, and it is usually better to make the image smaller so it does not take up much of the page. The important content is the text. So images should be kept as small as possible while still allowing the essential content of each image to be clearly visible without requiring users to click on the image for a larger view. Basically, image thumb sizes on the articles are variable, and smaller is generally better if it does not sacrifice clarity.
- Oh, and thank you for choosing to upload your own images taken directly from the game, and for saying so. But did you play the game on the console with the video feed upscaled to 1080p, or is it run through an emulator?
Hi Mayu (Shizune?). Thanks for that response. I guess it's generally better to use 250px then (seen that being used on a lot of pages, there was just a few that had 300px).
The screenshots were taken with an emulator yeah, pcsx2 to be exact. But they come from my own game as I use my own legit copy to emulate it. I figured the HD quality screenshots would be a nice addition to the Wiki. :)
First off, thanks for getting some Abyss Location articles up and running. Looks like the wiki is running along smoothly. Second, noticed the new background. Love the full moon thing. A few details are missing after all I played the 3ds version twice now and last I checked I was in Chesedonia. Just saying. For example:
While checking out Mt. Roneal, Luke finds a pendant. This pendant belonged to Largo and I think inscribed was "To my beloved daughter Meryl". You probably know where this leads.
- >go away
Is this post considered spam? Talk pages are for discussions, not thank-you notes.
Sorry. Anyway, Now the wiki is getting up and running. Soon more articles will pop up.
@Kikonu: Well where am I supposed to send thank you notes? It's not like this place has an area for that. Just expressing my gratitude for you guys making progress.
I am about to upload lots of images for tales of card evolve.
- Please don't. Especially since you keep failing to meet the requirements for what must be posted in the summaries of each and every single image. I'd rather have you not touch images ever again, which is what we keep telling you to do. Stop ignoring this.
- And besides, we don't require those images for our content anyway. I'd appreciate if most edits relate to text based content to begin with. Regardless, don't abuse Abyssal Chronicles as your personal dumpsite to scavenge from. We are not going to duplicate the galleries of that site, and I don't want to see you spam images from that site over here. Because I -will- view it as spam and take action as necessary, which may include deletion plus banhammer.
I'll upload one last image. And the source won't be from abyssal chronicles.
Monster List: ToL
I was hoping you could give me some advice on something. I've been recently fleshing out the Legendia articles but one specific article might give me trouble: the Monster List. As there is no Monster List in the game, I'm wondering how the monsters need to be sorted. Also, I've been having trouble finding the Katakana for their names as well (my searches have been coming up empty). If you can, message me back with an answer, but it's no rush (I think you've got enough to worry about already, so just give me an answer when you have the time.) --XZone (talk) 21:38, July 10, 2014 (UTC)XZone
- If there is no sorting method used in the game, you are technically at liberty to use your own if it would make sense, and sortable table functionality should make the default sort order mostly unimportant since there should be no nested rows. I would recommend sorting by creature type, given how this is necessary info for performing Senel's special throws. This site gives all of the Japanese data already, sorted as I said. I just searched 'tales of legendia zukan' in JP text and it popped up as the first hit.
No one is here but you. Should I help you out?
Kikonu 13:34, July 19, 2014 (UTC)
No, you should not give me more work to do. Others are here. We edit things in our own time. I just happen to be on one of my editing sprees lately.
Arosia (talk) 19:26, July 19, 2014 (UTC)
Hi, me again. First off all, I got banned for a week from Yugioh Card Maker for a week for supporting piracy. It wasn't anything like that. I love the old dub and I was supporting it. It being removed from youtube is an insult to me. They should wait until after the first 23 episodes actually are dubbed by Viz, then put up the claim. It'll give us a few months to enjoy them. Rage tangent over. Second, love the new Abyss anime pics. I always thought Arietta would have that sad expression all her life. It may be cruel but who'd thought she would have a ticked off look, especially when she's shackled. Third, big for me not for you, you removed Arietta's English va from her article. Yup, protocol. Guess someone should've asked her if she was Arietta. Speaking of Arietta's English VA, she's gonna be Sailor Mercury. So anyway, New pics are great, Just wanted to stop by, Think of me as St. Germain from Castlevania: Not touching any article on this wiki. Well, all I got, shame antagonists don't get English VA's anymore.
Looking at your contributions, I know that you hardly did anything wrong. A few questions. Why aren't you touching an article? How much do you want to edit?
Kikonu 11:42, July 21, 2014 (UTC)
- No. Stop now. You're not going to revive our troubles. You see nothing wrong because I -deleted- all of it. I don't want Winxfan on this wiki, and I don't even want to see a reply.
- It's not about what you want. This wiki is for everyone to contribute, not just the admins. I want to see his reply.
- Winxfan is crossing the line (yet again) just by blogging and bragging about being banned elsewhere, as if we would ever sympathize with copyright infringement. This wiki is for everyone to contribute -if- they have something worthwhile and valid to contribute, fulfilling all guidelines and policies and not forcing us to scrap everything and rewrite it ourselves. Notice that we grew tired of rewriting crap and now just delete that sort of thing as soon as it appears. This has been the case countless times for Winxfan, and you are basically his protege, as disgusting as that is. What confounds me is that both you and him are stalking the edits of this wiki when you are both better off bothering other fandoms, away from us.
Just let him reply. If not, we have to take this on his talk page.
Kikonu 12:21, July 21, 2014 (UTC)
@ Mayu: Do you like being mean to everyone you come across, because quite frankly I even wonder how you can get away with your abuse of power. You guys had english va data for years, with a few exceptions, now you're getting rid of it even though it's true?
@Kikonu: Taking it up on my talk page, yeah good idea.
She's not being mean. She's not abusing any power (as if we have a lot). She's telling the truth, which you (and now Kikonu) refuse to accept. Winxfan's contributions have been deleted or seriously rewritten. Kikonu, don't encourage him, and don't think we've simply ignored the fact that you are another him, as in, another plague to this wiki who can't seem to understand something when told the first time. It's not about what any of us want. It's about what is best for this wiki, and we have protocol in place so that violators, such as yourselves, cannot inhibit the wiki's progress. Winxfan's bannings elsewhere are no surprise to us, and you can clearly see he has no shame in proclaiming it. As for English VA data, I'm removing it because it's not credible without proper citation. Regardless whether any of it is true or not, YOU CANNOT PROVE IT. So leave this wiki for good, instead of giving the false impression of it. You never really leave. As for your talk page, I'm going there now.
Arosia (talk) 23:45, July 21, 2014 (UTC)
Deletion of page I made
Why way the article Marius Raiker deleted instead of being left with the stub template? I understand it was a barebones article, but he is a very minor character. However, being that he is linked in multiple templates, he needs a page because redlinks look awful.
(Mintww) 03:07, July 27, 2014 (UTC)
Taken from your user talk page:
Don't upload images lacking proper citation, and don't create stub articles that leaves work for others. I'm leaving the image file because I believe proper citation can be added, but I've deleted the article. These rules and more can be found in our Manual of Style.
Arosia (talk) 03:11, July 27, 2014 (UTC)
- For clarity, pages should be created only when someone puts enough effort to warrant having a page at all. This means actually creating an article, not creating work that someone else can do years from now. We'd rather have red links than pages that have so little content that they might as well be red links to begin with. Besides, Raiker has a relevant role both as part of Radisrol's AI and as one of the ground leaders of Er'ther forces in Destiny 2, despite not being part of the Swordian initiative.
You must state your source with every image upload, and you must have permission to use the image itself. We don't use licensing templates here. The reason for this is because 1) most people don't even know what they mean and 2) people can easily lie. It's simpler and more accurate to list the actual source than distinguishing what is fair to use, public domain, etc.
Arosia (talk) 19:59, July 28, 2014 (UTC)
Is it possible that I have another chance as an editor? My grammar improved since last time.
No one is stopping you, but the rules remain unchanged.
Arosia (talk) 22:52, August 4, 2014 (UTC)
I'll read the ENTIRE Manual of Style before I start. :)
This is a massive project that I am working very slowly on. Non-admins (with the exception of perhaps someone like Lanate) are not allowed to move or rename (whatever you want to call it) any pages, including image files, so there is no "we" involved in this project.
Arosia (talk) 00:38, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
Rebirth is a good choice
Rebirth is absolutely one of the better games in the series in terms of gameplay. The Force Cube provides lots of customizability for character skills, the 3-line LMBS is actually strategic due to char placement and the way some artes push enemies onto different lines or affect only certain lines (note that the linear Ground Dasher in Abyss was designed as it is due to Rebirth), and the Rush Gauge mechanics essentially provide all chars with self-healing capabilities and forces you to balance offense and defense, compared to modern Tales flashy spamspamspam. It takes a lot to get used to Annie's circles though, and it's probably better to control her if you want to use the status buffs rather than let the AI run around. The PSP version actually includes a bit more, like the chance to get Guy's Sword of Guardios at the colosseum, enemy and alternative ally cut-ins, and an extra disc that contains a video recipe of Popura-obaasan teaching how to make Peach Pie, at the sacrifice of framerate and screen size reductions compared to the PS2 version (the usual problem with handheld ports), so you don't really go wrong either way.
I only wish I had a way to play it nowadays. I stopped rather early on and I no longer have a console to play the game. ;_;
Based on the videos I've watched recently, I believe you. I'm looking forward to playing it. I actually sold my PSP a few years ago and have no intention of investing in one again. I much prefer playing games on home video game consoles as opposed to handheld ones, which tend to give me headaches after staring at them for so long. Good to know I have something worthwhile to look forward to. Sorry you no longer have access to it. Hopefully I'll be able to breathe some life into the Rebirth content on this wiki in the near future. I also found a ToD2 translation script online (same person), so since it was pretty cheap (like ToR), I went ahead and invested in it as well. I figured it's about time I expand my horizon in regard to this series.
Arosia (talk) 23:28, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
- I never got ToD2. Just be forewarned that it's actually quite hard, especially if you use melee chars due to physical artes actually having accuracy penalties. This game heavily favors magic, which is convenient since everyone has spellcasting abilities anyway. It's also the hardest game to get any kind of positive grade value in most battles. Even opening the menu penalizes you. On the other hand, this game has the best AI of the series, capable of beating bosses that give players a hard time even when you set everyone to auto. I think it's fine to play this game first before either version of the original Destiny, because the PSX version is fairly outdated and the PS2 version will spoil your ability to play the sequel because of Chain Capacity. You know the basics of the story anyway, which is really all that is needed for the sequel. But you should definitely try to pick up Destiny DC PS2 too.
I like a challenge. ;) I really want to get ToD as well, but the English PSX version is pricey/outdated, and the Japanese PSX version doesn't particularly appeal to me due to the inability to switch characters. My options would be the standard PS2 version or the DC version. I haven't been able to find a translation script for either though, so could I get by with this script of what I believe is for the English PSX version of the game?
Arosia (talk) 00:10, August 18, 2014 (UTC)
- Using that for the PS2 version? Not possible. The script and order of events changed in the remake so much that the PSX script won't even make sense. It is a remake, after all. I do recommend using todrtrans for a translation of the main story script at least. The DC version is basically better than the non-DC release in every way, except that the DC made Flash and some artes like Lilith's rainbows far less exploitable... and then they gave Leon an attack with dumb stackable Penetrate bonuses that basically makes him non-staggerable forever if you spam it. I'm biased against spam of any kind, whether it's arte spam or Flash spam or internet spam or Spam™, but the DC includes an entire new campaign where you play the game from Leon's perspective (called Lion's Side... I wish I saved Kaji's image of the lion with those words printed on its fur, but TSF RIP), so it's the definitive version of the game.
Thank you! That's exactly what I needed lol.
Arosia (talk) 16:12, August 18, 2014 (UTC)
The DC version is a little more expensive than the standard PS2 version, but after reading the differences between the versions, I definitely think I made the right choice in buying it. I ordered the premium box, which comes with a beautiful art book (I'm a sucker for these sorts of things). Thanks again for the information and suggestions.
Arosia (talk) 06:28, August 19, 2014 (UTC)
- The JP release or the Asia release? The latter is often much less costly, at least during preorder/new phase of a Tales game's shelf life. The Asia release also comes with a manual with hilaribad Engrish, with classic names such as Stun, Looty, and Leum. I only know this from what people posted on the old forums though - I own the JP release of the DC... and it's just a standard copy without the collector's stuffs. The Asia release is the version of the game that is sold in S. Korea, Taiwan, and other parts of non-JP
(and non-PH)Asia, so the English translations in the manuals are meant to be a normalizing factor, but the games themselves are still in full Japanese and exactly identical to what is sold in Japan, except for the rare ToD2 Korean localization (no joke, it exists). Basically, if you ever start to import games regularly, the Asia release is cheaper but has less "value" compared to an original JP game.
It's the JP release. I suppose I could have gone with the cheaper alternative, but I'm satisfied with my decision. I ordered from a good seller.
Arosia (talk) 18:59, August 19, 2014 (UTC)
I was wondering when pages will be made for Elle and other Xillia characters from the second game?
User:Cori11 (http://aselia.wikia.com/wiki/User:Cori11) (Talk) August 31, 2014 (UTC)
When someone finds the time and takes the initiative to make them. We don't allow the creation of stub articles, so any pages created must be done with enough information to warrant its creation. It typically doesn't take long for someone to create a page and for others to quickly build it up to a decent amount of content before Mayu or myself cleans it up and makes it presentable. I would assist with writing the articles myself, but I don't own the game and have no plans on playing it in the immediate future.
Arosia (talk) 23:03, August 31, 2014 (UTC)
Well, if its okay, I would like to create Elle's page.
I created the page and added some info. What do you think? Is it alright that I added relationships for it?
Lets format this page a little like everything else.
Rising Phoenix image
Hi there. Regarding the Rising Phoenix image I though it was renamed while I was uploading it. Didn't noticed that the name wasn't changed. Btw, is not the same to upload an image from an iPad and a computer. Juan Ma (talk) 05:11, September 3, 2014 (UTC)
That's fine then.
Arosia (talk) 05:54, September 3, 2014 (UTC)
You will have to provide a source in which the actor or related parties (Cup of Tea Productions, Bandai Namco Games) specifically state that he or she voiced the role.
Arosia (talk) 22:30, September 3, 2014 (UTC)
Tales of Eternia anime
Arosia (talk) 02:56, September 4, 2014 (UTC)
- Friendly reminder that we don't use Wikipedia and ANN as a source, not for voice actors, not for names of games or other media. The official sites naturally prevail over all other sources, if not the actual media itself. (Don't mind the late comment. I have a busy month to deal with.)
Just to clarify, I certainly wasn't trying to use those two as sources. It's just that I couldn't find any official site for the animation itself, and literally the only place I happened to see it mentioned was Wikipedia, which cited ANN. Both just so happened to be wrong (surprise). Ah well, all the more reason not to trust them. I was unaware of the sites Lanate listed and I'm not sure what qualifies them as official, but the video of the opening is proof enough for me. All is clear and corrected now.
Edit: Not that it really matters for the first site since it blatantly depicts the animation's logo. On a side note, is there no Bamco site for it? If not, how come?
Arosia (talk) 08:01, September 6, 2014 (UTC)
- Those are the websites for the Japanese TV stations that aired the series at the time it was being released. As for the lack of a Namco site, I don't really know, but the animations were never really included on Tales Channel. Sunrise owns the site for the Abyss anime (although Sunrise is a Bandai subsidiary that is best known for Gundam and Mai-Hime). I think Ufotable handled much of the Symphonia anime stuffs too.
Can I have your support?
I supported the cause, but I'm not going to put the banner on this wiki for a number of reasons.
Arosia (talk) 03:49, September 11, 2014 (UTC)
Thank you. That's all I could ask for.
The Main Page is looking good. Now, all that's left is the background. If it's one thing I'm not terrible at doing is editing pictures, combining picture, etc. So can I try making the background? I want Admin Approval.
I'm scared of what you may come up with. What images are you considering using?
Edit: Never mind. Don't bother. I see you haven't changed in the least. Keep spamming user talk pages, and I'll ban you again, this time for a week. In all honestly, I'm quite content with the current background, as it fits the theme of the wiki.
Arosia (talk) 20:48, September 14, 2014 (UTC)
Okay, sorry, I'll do something else.
I consider using the logo images from all the Tales game. (Uploaded here of course.) Is that bad?
Edit: Can you tell me what images to use? I don't want to make a mistake.
Showing my support.
Okay, you have my support, and I commend you on getting the First Strike and Abyss anime pages redone so they don't look like Wikipedia copies.
to rename a file
Done. If you could, I would like these files to be uploaded in a new, consistent format: ToP iOS Arte Name. Eventually, I will get around to renaming all the ToP iOS image files to adhere to this.
Arosia (talk) 04:31, September 17, 2014 (UTC)
Regarding the images related to the iOs version of Tales of Phantasia, most of them were taken by me while I played the game. Perhaps the only exception is the one at the Thunder Blade page, since it was a promotional image that was published at the App Store.--Juan Ma (talk) 16:46, September 17, 2014 (UTC)
Thank you for letting me know.
Arosia (talk) 22:27, September 17, 2014 (UTC)
Re: Look at my edits
Oh. I'm not very good with descriptions. But could you tell me what exactly was not in line with Aselia's rules in the descriptions I provided? I just described what each of the mystic artes does and some of them like Pyro Storm or Dragonmare Brood are so brief animations that there's not that much to write about honestly.—Kaimi (999,999 CP/5 TP) ∙ 00:26, September 20, 2014 (UTC)
Like I said, as far as the descriptions themselves, they were poorly worded and lacked necessary punctuation. I haven't played the game, so I can't really provide an in-depth description, but someone like Lanate probably could. I'll see if I can't work on them here shortly. I'm slightly busy right now.
Arosia (talk) 00:55, September 20, 2014 (UTC)
But I have played it. And I might be able to manage to a degree.
Arosia (talk) 21:59, September 26, 2014 (UTC)
I was looking at your history, and the past versions of the talk pages. Mayu was discussing something with Zolo about you being a problem user. If that was really true, is it possible that I turn from a problem user, to a good user? I want your opinion on this.
- @ Zolo - Moviebaby is right about not being a problem user though. The problem users are the ones I find myself having to overexplain to, only to be ignored, particularly Winxfan.
I have never been a problem user. You are a problem user. You will cease and desist bothering me with your pointless spam of conversations immediately. Not only are you a problem user, but you are irritating beyond comprehension. I can't seem to tell if you're just young, trying to troll, of you actually have some mental incapacity of sorts, but you will stop because I've had enough of it.
Arosia (talk) 21:18, September 21, 2014 (UTC)
Sorry, I don't really mean to bother anyone here. This was the first wikia I came to, and I didn't know how things worked. I don't try to troll anywhere, I just try to help. I will stop posting here. Sorry.
Winfanx1 on a wiki I edit
I see what you've dealt with. He acts like a total jerk and think he's the boss of everyone.
Sorry you're having to deal with him, but yes, Winxfan is a problem user who has difficulty understanding basic English. In fact, it could be any language, and the simplest of messages would fly past him. He is stubborn, annoying, and has way too much time on his hands for any normal person. You will have to be direct and strict with him. He is essentially forbidden from editing this wiki anymore. You will not be able to reason with him. He is a plague that you must somehow learn to deal with or get rid of entirely. I recommend the latter. Good luck.
Arosia (talk) 02:13, September 24, 2014 (UTC)
@Arosia: I'm not that big of a jerk. It's just the achievement system there, that's the problem. I never mean to be mean to anyone. Please do not tell her to be more strict with me. I like the nice her. I do not want her to change. And I certainly do not want her wiki, the Mugen Souls wiki to be like this wiki.
@ Beautiful Undisputed Goddess: I'm sorry, and I typed up an apology note on your talk page. Give it a read. I like you being nice to me, you treat me with kindness and respect. Don't ever change.
If you really are sorry, learn to abide by the rules and make worthwhile contributions. And what do you mean by you don't want the Mugen Souls wiki to be like this one? What's wrong with Aselia?
Not much. But I will abide by the rules, but the wiki was creative. You got a great amount of info, even though not all info. I mean you are missing location articles, and other character articles, but that is at the bottom of the priority totem. Cleanup comes first. Mugen Souls Wiki was a place where I could edit without any hassle. All manner of info was accepted. Including a topic here that is frowned upon. Don't get me wrong, Aselia is good. After all, despite you guys treating me like the plague, I could have ignored your request to support you and Mayu for the position of Bureaucrat, but I decided, out of the kindness of my heart, to support you guys. And Beautiful Undisputed Goddess is kind to me. That settles it, I will do my best for the Mugen Souls Wiki and if she edits it I will not let my competitive nature get the better of me. Probably why you guys don't have the achievement system. It would be mass chaos. Last thing you guys want. So anyway, I gave her an apology note and I will try to be better from now on.
- Small hint. I started out being nice to Winxfan when he first appeared, and I actually went out of my way to define what needed to be fixed on some pages or otherwise perform the fixing on my own. People might not be so aware of this because certain conversations got deleted and certain persons simply don't know how to keep a conversation on one single page for proper flow of reading for future reference. And of course that was the downfall of my sanity. My acts of charity led to the destruction of my attempts at ever being good natured again, because Winxfan took every opportunity to commit to the wiki more junk that eventually drained my focus away from the things that actually mattered at the time, until the point where I had enough of his bullshit. He does not learn. He repeats old mistakes on purpose. He even frequently pretends to abide by the rules, then he does the exact same things which cause problems when we thought the problem already should have been eliminated, as if some higher form of autism compels him to repeat the same mistakes fully expecting the same results. And I didn't realize it until I realized Winxfan embedded himself into this site like a virus that not even chemotherapy can cure. Kikonu chose the worst possible role model and does the same things even now that Winxfan is out of the picture, mind you all.
- If you don't want anyone to become like me, don't be a Winxfan to begin with! Let such good persons thrive in an environment that is completely Winxfan-free! I always feel sorry for anyone else who has to deal with this person because it means he found another site to infect, simply spreading the disease we were unable to contain and destroy. And it could have been destroyed properly if I had simply banned him from the beginning. It would have made me a different, happier, nicer person than I am today if I had done what needed to be done sooner rather than later: eliminate the problem before it becomes incurable. And I am left bitter and broken because of this realization that I failed the wiki by allowing the Winxfan cancer to proliferate as long as it did.
The Aselia Wiki looks great and this is one of the Wikis I get inspirations so I'd actually be honored if our Wiki became like this one. I'm happy to even get a very quick response from the admin so it shows that you're a good admin who cares about their users ;)
It's hard for me to not trust people because it's a wiki for an obscure series so I feel attached to anyone else who knows about it and become friendly with them. I do want to stay as a good person so I will be making rules and becoming stricter on Winxfan but I really don't want unless I have to. I have a pretty good impression of Winxfan now because of the nice messages I recently got but I have witnessed the stubborn and hard to deal with side in the past. No worries, the past doesn't matter like Rafiqi said in the Lion King and Hakuna Matata from Timon and Pumba.
I have lots of respect to Admins and regular users of other wikis and I hope for a good future! Thank you everyone for your responses <3
Well, I'll hold back my editing and take notes from one of the admins here in terms of editing. I want to get away from this plague as much as possible. Though I am in no position to say this, but I though WF was one of the contributors, who just wanted the wiki to have info. I was wrong. He vandalizes, spams talk pages more than anyone, and appears offensive, and selfish. I hate myself for being a copy of him, I also hate vandals. I think, you have reached the point of no return. And looks like I will be too if I don't stop this nonsense. Note to self: Watch other contributions, and learn. This wiki is already nice. It has very concerned editors. Might I add the fact that he destroyed a lady's personality? She was happy and cheerful, but he ruined that. But he still doesn't care. He wants what he wants to see, and doesn't care what others want to see. Like I said I won't be editing for a while.
I hope you're happy. Because of you Mugen Souls wiki, a rule free wiki I was more than happy to edit, now has your rules implemented and now we lose more English va info. I just wish I could go back in time and stop myself from complaining to Beautiful Undisputed Goddess. If I did, none of this would have happened.
Well, now I feel inclined to quit wikia altogether. After I post tomorrow's weekly pokemon episode article, I'm gone. I'll ask the guys in charge to delete my profile so I'll never edit another wiki again. I'm starting my own Mugen Souls Wiki on Neoseeker. Tell B.U.G. if she's interested, tell her to join me.
And now, if you'll excuse me, I have to make that request happen. Goodbye to you. For the last time.
Ah, the famous vanishing act that never really happens. Your obsession with voice actors is unhealthy, and you will never understand the necessity of citation, which I can only assume derives from the lack of any form of higher education. Just keep in mind that we had nothing to do this; the admin of the wiki came to us. However, I applaud him/her for setting rules in place so that their wiki can avoid disseminating speculative and potentially incorrect information on the Internet.
Arosia (talk) 00:46, September 25, 2014 (UTC)
I mean it this time. I want my wikia profile deleted so none of you will ever see my face again, or deal with me or have anything to do with me. And I wish she went to pokemon wikia instead. They would've vouched for me. And if it wasn't obvious, B. U. G. is a SHE!
...and he returns! In all honesty, I don't think Wikia Central deletes accounts based on requests, even if it is a request by the owner of the account. Just because a person has a female in his/her avatar and "Goddess" in his/her username doesn't mean the user is female. You assume too much.
Arosia (talk) 01:02, September 25, 2014 (UTC)
Then what am I supposed to do? Log out and never log in again?
The conversation is over. Stop posting.
Oh, I will. Tomorrow, I'm disabling my account. After a months time, it'll be closed for good. You'll never hear from me again. Goodbye forever, I mean it this time.
Actually, I'm an admin at the Pokemon wiki, and I can't vouch for Winxfan. Most of his recent edits involve taunting/bragging about his number of badges to other users, nevermind that badgehunting is a bannable offense. He also believes that he controls a certain section of that wiki (which he doesn't, and apparently was never made clear to him). On a different note, nice job to the admins and regulars here for making this an impressive wiki. --Shockstorm (talk) 11:04, September 25, 2014 (UTC)
Thank you, Shockstorm.
Arosia (talk) 00:00, September 26, 2014 (UTC)
tales of destiny
Yes, it received an English North American release for the PSX in 1998. As for the sequel, no.
Arosia (talk) 06:28, September 24, 2014 (UTC)
Re: If you're creating pages...
Yes, I'm planning to create page for Jiao as well. I do wonder why we still don't have a page for him even though the rest of the Chimeriad does, including Gaius. I suppose he's not a popular character in the fandom then.—Kaimi (999,999 CP/5 TP) ∙ 11:20, September 27, 2014 (UTC)
He didn't really stick around that long.
Arte pages in need of renaming
If I may be so bold, I've compiled a list of arte names that were changed in Xillia 2 and whose pages are in need of renaming. Since I'm working off of mostly memory, this list might not be complete. The names on the left are the original names, and the ones on the right are what they were changed to. They are:
Bassaizan Ayami > Ritual of Destruction
Eagle Rage > Eagle's Rage
Majinken Shouga > Soaring Demon Fang
Ring Whirlwind > Fire Whip
Gold Cat > Lucky Cat
Shining Fang Drop > Fall from Grace
Gou Gurenken > Ultimate Hell Pyre
Rending Tiger Blade > Rending Tiger
Now I'm beginning to believe that I do need to create a move request page for these sorts of things. Thanks, I'll be sure to change them.
Arosia (talk) 00:47, September 28, 2014 (UTC)
Edit 1: Now that I look at these pages, almost none of them have any Xillia 2 information listed. Also, do we update to the latest localized name in the case that the arte has already been localized? This is why I avoid arte pages. Mayu always handled this stuff before, but I agree that it is about time these pages be renamed. I'm going to create a move request page and leave these for Lanate since he knows what he's doing with this sort of stuff.
Arosia (talk) 01:00, September 28, 2014 (UTC)
Edit 2: I've created the page and moved the request there. You can find it here.
Arosia (talk) 01:36, September 28, 2014 (UTC)
- For future reference, pages get moved to the latest localized name when the game comes out, even if it's been localized before. The only time we didn't do a whole lot of pages moves is when there were several games released in a relatively short period, like with Xillia > Symphonia Chonicles > Xillia 2. Lanate (talk) 01:48, September 28, 2014 (UTC)