Hi, welcome to Aselia! Thanks for your edit to the File:Mithos (7).jpg page.
Judith Images Edit
Just going to leave here a quick note. Thank you for your editings to the Judith page, about the Costumes, but first, we DON'T accept Fan-Made images, so that one where she is in the Purple/Pink/Whatever Kimono needs to be deleted. I already did that, so you don't need to worry. The Rutee one needs a proper background and a bit of resize, so we can see the image better without having to click on it. It needs a proper background because no one likes a background where you have words writed on it like Grade or Gald or Experience, so if you can replace it with a white background it would be good. Finally, the XBox360 costumes should be placed each on a separate image. Basically, one image per Costume, and not 6 Costumes on a single image. They also shouldn't have the name written on the own image. If you can add the name of the Costume on the edit page of the Wikia, it would be good since it's better displayed. Finally, we need to know if the images are yours or copied from any other site without its authorization, to avoid Copyright issues. Thanks.
SummonerPascal 21:50, July 17, 2010 (UTC) Are you telling me that Purple/Pink/Whatever Kimono image is a fan-made image?
- Yes I am.
SummonerPascal 22:07, July 17, 2010 (UTC)
How about this, I added Duke's 2nd and final form on his page if that's okay
- I guess it's okay. If you can, could you switch his 2nd form to another background? A white or a black one (depending) would be good. The same for his 3rd form. Thanks for the edit.
- SummonerPascal 22:14, July 17, 2010 (UTC)
- The Swimsuit costume size is good now. Don't worry about the style of the Gallery for now (or forever, who knows) since Wikia changed that and we can't do anything about it. Hopefully it'll be removed. Instead of Beach Costume, I'll change it to Swimsuit Costume. But before that, could you tell me where you got this images from? It's to avoid copyrights Infringement
- SummonerPascal 22:29, July 17, 2010 (UTC)
I Found it on google images and the forms of Duke and Zagi I got from Youtube.
- Do you have authorization to use them? If you take a pic out of nowhere and don't have authorization, I'm afraid we'll have to delete it. Same for the Video one, doesn't matter if it's a print screen or not.
- SummonerPascal 22:37, July 17, 2010 (UTC)
That's the problem I don't know how to get the authorization for them.
- Usually you ask if you can use the image...Isn't that obvious? Also, stop posting images if you DON'T have authorization for them. If you don't have we delete them, if you do, they stay.
- SummonerPascal 22:46, July 17, 2010 (UTC)
I can't get the authorization for them, what do you want me to do call them. Plus I checked some profile image's, Judith for example I don't see no authorization on it.
- I wanted that you talked with them (email, forum, whatever) and ask for permission. We don't write the permission on the Wiki, when we upload an image (sometimes , those who remember) add that they have permission. I'm sorry, but since you have no permission we'll have to delete the images. You can upload them back, when you HAVE permission.
SummonerPascal 23:08, July 17, 2010 (UTC)
Hey hold it Pascal, there's no need for you to be so strict about the images. I can handle it myself.
Anyway, hello HollowIchigo, and thank you for your uploads. As I see from this entire conversation, you seem to have taken random images through Google Images, without even bothering to check the actual website where these images were hosted. First of all, I want to know which sites those are. IF they come from blogs or gaming websites like GameFAQs or IGN, or even Japanese gaming sites like Dengeki or Famitsu, then we do not have permission to display them on this wiki, and you would need the direct consent of the people who uploaded those images onto those sites. If they come from somewhere else, I have to know what those sites are.
There are some acceptable websites where we can obtain images, such as the official websites for the games themselves, or any of our affiliate websites (with sourcing), but if they come from anywhere else, I must check to make sure the site does NOT copyright that image. The images that we have already -should- meet the same criteria, but I'll admit that most people never bother to put licensing info, or the correct licensing info at that, and they slip past me because I really don't want to have to bother asking people where they get their images from every time they upload a new one. That's why I plan to completely filter out all of the images that do not have appropriate descriptions and sourcing and delete them in the (far) future, but that is such a large task that I don't even want to start thinking about it, what with all of the other more important things there are to do around this wiki.
Whatever the case, if you don't know where you got the images from other than "Google Images", then you might as well not have uploaded the images in the first place. But I'm not anal enough to delete them just because you don't have sourcing... I just -want- the sourcing. The only thing I'll delete is the fan art, as that goes directly against Wikia's licensing terms.
Oh and hey, are we sure that that image is fan art after all? It looks like it was rendered in the game. I don't have any version of Vesperia, and I don't even know what costumes each char gets, but I'm not going to delete that image until someone confirms that it's not in the actual game.
Btw Pascal, if you haven't seen this already... Don't bother to fix any other broken gallery things. They will be abnormally large, but chances are that Wikia Central will force some MORE new changes down our throat that will force a change to the entire gallery system anyway. I'd rather just have the galleries disappear, but that's how I am.
And one last comment to Pascal, don't worry about the backgrounds of the images that are uploaded. Not everyone has admirable image editing skills, and as long as the content is visible as the primary object, it's fine. I only commented about it before with your own images because the huge whitespace margins were irritating, and they could be cropped away with little effort. The actual process of removing a background is best left to people who have a steady hand with the freeform selection tool. I know I don't qualify in the least, so I can't expect anyone else to.
This is the last edit, I swear!
Hey thanks for the backup. --HollowIchigo58 00:49, July 18, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm not backing you up. I still want your sources.
- If you don't provide the actual websites that these images came from, then you should stop uploading images now.
- Remember, whenever I do get around to deleting images for lacking sources and descriptions, all of yours will be among them.
Can you help me get the sources then?
- Mayu, I can take down the images or attempt to check the sources. What would be best?
- -RamenArtist 01:10, July 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Just check for the sources. I guess we have to go with whatever sites pop up on Google Images, but I think I may have to reupload the images from what we have over at Abyssal Chronicles regardless of what the result is. I dunno, I'm really past the point of caring by now. <_<;;
- From what I've been searching, they come from Crunchyroll, Youtube Videos with Print Screen, the Tales Forum, serph-siden.blogspot.com (this one is better be deleted right?). Oh yeah, I'm not stalking or anything, I'm just trying to help :x
- SummonerPascal 01:28, July 18, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks--HollowIchigo58 01:30, July 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Based on that, the YouTube video screenshots need to be deleted without a doubt. The blog stuff needs to be deleted too. Especially stuff from Sankaku. Images from the TSF would have come from somewhere else unless they were edited or ripped by the users there, so that can be explored deeper; anything that was edited by the users needs to be cited directly to them, since I know people from those forums who are particularly edgy about having their work thrown all over the web. I might even have to ask for permission myself, depending on who it is. I don't know how Crunchyroll works, but I'd consider it to be the same case as the TSF.
- There is really no reason to continue searching further. I'm just going to mentally classify all of these images as marked for deletion, and I'll get back to them whenever I care. There is a new Tales demo to prepare for in four days Japan TimeTM, and I'm through with focusing any more mental effort on these images.
Since you continued to upload images that have obviously been stolen from people's videos on Youtube, I have no more reason to be lenient. I deleted every image that you uploaded yesterday for copyright violations. I don't care if some are not Youtube images, I deleted all of them anyway. Don't bother to reupload them again. Don't even attempt to upload new images. If you do, I'll ban you. These images have been a waste of my time, your time, and the time of three other people.
Have a good day.
Look who's talking you fucking hypocrite all these images on this fucking website are proberly stolen, like where else would you get them from, out of your fat ass. (Hollowlchigo58)
Like I give a fucking shit. (Hollowlchigo58)