Ange's mystic arte
Thanks. By the way, someone should put up information about Ange's Mystic Arte, Houyoku Shitenshou. Also, Absolute Zero called it as "Soaring Phoenix". Owyn-Ross (talk) 23:39, February 28, 2015 (UTC)Owyn Hammersley
Whenever someone finds the time to do it properly, he or she is more than welcome to.
Arosia (talk) 00:54, March 1, 2015 (UTC)
I'm sorry. It's that I'm still learning.
No need to apologize, but don't resort to spamming talk pages to have others make these changes for you. It's not difficult to format the localized names.
Arosia (talk) 05:51, March 4, 2015 (UTC)
A little help
You don't. The wiki generates that when you edit a specific section of an article, as opposed to the entire page.
Arosia (talk) 05:55, March 4, 2015 (UTC)
Teepo and Rollo
I think we might need information about Teepo and Rollo, so they won't be stubs.
Yes, we do need information on them, but unless someone takes the time to provide it, we're not going to create pages for them.
Arosia (talk) 18:48, March 4, 2015 (UTC)
I agree. Neither of us could do it, since I'm a novice, and you've got your hands full.
Owyn Hammersley 19:14, March 4, 2015 (UTC)
Peridot Harmotome and Pyrox Ferro
Maybe we need information about Peridot and Pyrox from Tales of Hearts as well. --Owyn Hammersley 11:33, March 10, 2015 (UTC)
I'm well aware what pages we lack. Stop spamming my talk page.
Arosia (talk) 01:44, March 11, 2015 (UTC)
OK. I'm sorry if I asked too much.
Owyn Hammersley 13:19, March 11, 2015 (UTC)
How's everything during my absence? Owyn Hammersley 03:16, March 19, 2015 (UTC)
I told you before not to spam my talk page.
Arosia (talk) 21:14, March 19, 2015 (UTC)
Sorry about the grammar mistakes I had made. I'm on the ipad, and for some reason, whenever I use the wiki and edit things, my spelling gets messed up before I realize it. Again, I apologize for making you work on my mistakes.
I accept your apology. And, I'm sorry, I was just asking how much has been going on.
@Omegaxis1: No worries.
@Owyn-Ross: That was Omegaxis's comment, not mine, and he was talking to me, not you.
Please, everyone, remember to sign your posts.
Arosia (talk) 00:02, March 20, 2015 (UTC)
hi there this will probably be really awkward so I apologize but I see that tales of the abyss is also your favorite tales game and that is awesome --KibouNiKaware (talk) 14:34, March 26, 2015 (UTC)tobias
It's the best of the ones I've played and definitely my favorite, yes.
Arosia (talk) 22:57, March 26, 2015 (UTC)
Natalia's voice actor
Hello there! I noticed on Natalia's page her English voice actor is unlisted. I am pretty sure it is Stephanie Sheh, sourced from IMDb and Wikipedia. Don't exactly know how to add that in which is embarrassing :(
While it may very well be Stephanie Sheh, we no longer list English voice actors unless the source is of a more credible nature. IMDb and Wikipedia are not entirely reliable. Many of our English voice actor citations derive from the voice actors themselves on various media or official personal sites, so those means may be your best bet at verifying Natalia's voice actor.
Arosia (talk) 03:35, April 6, 2015 (UTC)
Because no one has been helping me or giving me feedback on this project. I was going to follow the ToP location examples and simply use the hashtag method, but now I realize this could be tedious. I'll create them as redirects.
Arosia (talk) 01:14, May 3, 2015 (UTC)
Sorry. The ToZ arte pages look great, by the way.
Arosia (talk) 19:22, May 3, 2015 (UTC)
Please tell me what you think so far. I realize that a lot of content is being cut and will continue to be cut with this project, but I'm looking at the overall picture. This will drastically cut down on the number of red links on the wiki (locations were the guiltiest of this), and it will be so much easier to creation location compilation pages in the future. I feel it's a necessary sacrifice. The majority of these History sections in the existing location articles are "they go here, do this, say that" plot summary type stuff, which I feel is largely unnecessary for these locations. A few plot elements are necessary, but not a retelling of the plot, which I feel belongs on the actual game pages. I want to stress the geographical significance of the locations. It's been a lot of work, but I'm pretty pleased so far. Here's what I have in mind now:
- Tales of Phantasia - We have a good start, but I want more compilation to include everything.
- Tales of Destiny - The Er'ther Lands page will be perfect for completing ToD and ToD2 locations.
- Tales of Eternia - Pretty much a clean slate. Won't be difficult for someone who's played the game.
- Tales of Destiny 2 - See above.
- Tales of Symphonia - Christ. Look at the Sylvarant and Tethe'alla pages. They're dead and need some life. A lot of information will be cut, but I feel that the locations need to be included on those two pages. I'm actually pretty willing to do this because the ToS location pages are very old, and many are poorly written. I could really make the Sylvarant and Tethe'alla pages look nice, though.
- Tales of Rebirth - Just leave it to me. I'm getting ready to play through the game again and will simply flesh out the existing Karegia page. There are no countries in this game.
- Tales of Legendia - Ugh. I don't even know. The Legacy page has a pretty good start of what I hope to achieve.
- Tales of the Abyss - Pretty much done. Pleased with the results. See Kimlasca and Malkuth.
- Tales of Innocence - I don't even know, but a clean slate is good for this. No location template, though.
- Tales of Vesperia - Also pretty much done. Terca Lumireis is long, but I think it's fine.
- Tales of Hearts - I don't know, but you've played this game. Something can be figured out. I could create the page, but we don't even have a location template that I could refer to.
- Tales of Graces - Embarrassing start. See Ephinea and Fodra. I have no idea what I'm doing.
- Tales of Xillia - Holy fucking locations. I don't know what to do.
- Tales of Xillia 2 - See above.
- Tales of Zestiria - No worries yet, but shouldn't be bad once we have this new system going.
For escort titles, I'm not too worried. As you said somewhere, we can simply create a page for the world or something. I'm really liking how this is going so far, but holy shit, I hope there's not a limit on how many redirects a wiki can have. I doubt there is, but we will be gaining a lot more.
Arosia (talk) 23:57, May 3, 2015 (UTC)
- I think it's a great start. We're never going to reach the same level of detail in the location pages as other video game wikis might, but I think it's all right with current interest/staffing levels. On the other hand, I'm always a little techy about discarding information though, but that's just personal bias since I just a lot of the effort on the Phantasia location pages.
- As to the last comment, I've heard things explained like this: redirects are cheap. I really, really like them because piping links make things harder to find for specific terms. Lanate (talk) 04:22, May 4, 2015 (UTC)
I don't like the thought of cutting information either, and I see it as the only downside of this project. I haven't really looked at the ToP location pages yet, but I'm sure they will be fine for the most part. I'll try to preserve as much information as I can, or if you want to handle it, just let me know. I didn't feel bad about the ToV pages because Winxfan, and I don't think I'll feel bad about the ToS pages.
Arosia (talk) 04:32, May 4, 2015 (UTC)
- I wish I had the time to go through them, but all I can think is that I wish there were more hours in a day, lol. I was going to tackle the Zestiria title pages next, since they're integral into understanding the arte learning system (basically, each title gives a certain number of speed/power/technique points when equipped at level up, and they evolve under certain conditions to confer bonuses). Then I was going to make arte pages for Reve Unita, since my guide came for that too. Lanate (talk) 04:49, May 4, 2015 (UTC)
In that case, don't worry about a thing. I'll handle the location project, and I'll be super careful with your ToP pages. =) Also, thanks for taking the time with all of that. You're an important asset to the wiki,
Matthew Lanate. I hope to have more time to devote to the wiki this summer. I'm taking five classes right now in order to graduate this semester and receive my bachelor's degree. Summer couldn't come quickly enough.
Arosia (talk) 05:09, May 4, 2015 (UTC)
Taking a good look at those ToP location pages, I think they're actually fine the way they are now. You have enough well-written information in each one, so I don't think I'll have to do much work there. I probably will with the ToS and ToL pages though, seeing as how they're not nearly as nice.
Arosia (talk) 01:07, May 5, 2015 (UTC)
Tales of Wiki
While looking at Tales of Wiki I noticed that few years ago (around 3) Mayu posted on a talk page of a last active user at the time of her post asking about merger of Tales of Wiki with Aselia. I must admit that I consider adopting that Wiki and make it a more detailed Wiki (I know it may sound like a task that will take at least three eternities to be completed), but after noticing that message Mayu sent I'd like to know your (and possibly Lanate's since he's a long timer from what I know) stance about it: wether if you don't mind me adopting that one Wiki or simply merging the two (although I'd really like to go with this futile task, I'm not even sure why OTL). Also, the message in question: link.—Kaimi (999,999 CP/5 TP) ∙ 20:23, May 10, 2015 (UTC)
First of all, there's nothing to merge. That wiki has no content. Second of all, I don't support any other English-language Tales wikis, as this wiki is the official English-language wiki of the series. Apart from the horribad Neoseeker one, there's nothing but dead wikis, including that awful Winxfan one, which I finally provided a link to our wiki on its home page. Third of all, if you do start editing on that wiki, which I strongly discourage, know that you are forbidden from plagiarizing ANY of our content, including text, images, tables, etc.
Arosia (talk) 21:45, May 10, 2015 (UTC)
Well, it apparently never happened, and I don't know how to get it done.
Arosia (talk) 16:54, May 11, 2015 (UTC)
I think you'd need to read this since I think that covers what we're talking about right now. I think that they won't oppose this "merger" since talesof.wikia.com is pretty much empty, except a few things.—Kaimi (999,999 CP/5 TP) ∙ 21:00, May 11, 2015 (UTC)
I'll handle it when I get home.
Arosia (talk) 22:49, May 11, 2015 (UTC)
- I never followed up on it because we had are own problems on this site to deal with at that time, namely Winxfan. My intention was to show that this and the other duplicate Tales wiki sites on Wikia stay inactive for a prolonged period of time, as in zero edits whatsoever, to make a case for the Wikia Central admins to convert them into redirects to Aselia, which should remain as the only English language wiki for the series to prevent confusion, edit conflicts, and misinformation spread through lack of oversight/rules. It is better for efforts to be consolidated into one location, as in Aselia, than to have people go around making shadows of Aselia for no reason other than insulting the efforts of the users here. I never proceeded with merging this one since I was trying to make a batch request, and Winxfan proceeded to follow my links to one of the sites to dump his crap, resetting the time of inactivity of the sites... just like someone else just did on the one we are talking about now.
- "just like someone else just did on the one we are talking about now"
- If you mean the recent edits on talesof.wikia.com then it is my doing for which I apologize since I first started doing some editting and then went into exploring the talk pages out of curiosity really. I think it's of little consequence since no one visits that Wiki anyway. If you want to have that Wiki redirect to Aselia then do as you wish; after all I'm a rather new fan to the series and I'm still learning the ways of this Wiki.—Kaimi (999,999 CP/5 TP) ∙ 20:22, May 13, 2015 (UTC)
I'll handle it, but it's not a priority.
Arosia (talk) 22:41, May 13, 2015 (UTC)
Ideas for new pages
I wonder if it'd be a good addition to have an "Elements" page which would deal with how each game uses elements in their mechanics (I think we'd have game sections since doing element sections would be a bit "problematic" since not all games have elements in a traditional sense like Graces or don't use such element like ice and lightning like Xillias) and list-type articles for stats for each game.—Kaimi (999,999 CP/5 TP) ∙ 20:22, May 13, 2015 (UTC)
Sounds like an interesting idea. I would sandbox a draft or something first.
Arosia (talk) 22:41, May 13, 2015 (UTC)
I just created a stats article for ToX: User:Kaimi/ToX - Stats Is this to your liking? Feel free to change the table's colour. Also, please bear in mind that I need to confirm the last point for Strength, Vitality, Intelligence, Psyche, Agility, and Dexterity since I wrote that from my memory and I'll need to open the game to confirm their effects. I can also do stat tables for ToS, ToG, and ToX2 since these are the games I own and have a decent idea how they work with the battle system. Elements will come at a later date if a desire will come.—Kaimi (999,999 CP/5 TP) ∙ 21:29, May 15, 2015 (UTC)
I'm going to leave this one to Lanate since he's actually played the game and is more familiar with how tables should be.
Arosia (talk) 22:06, May 15, 2015 (UTC)
- Use the gray color scheme for tables on gameplay mechanics. But to be honest, this does not need its own unique page or even the table format. This is the kind of content that can be described in paragraph form in the game's own main article under "Battle Gameplay" (see MoS). In fact, all games should have something to this effect due to the different systems of each game, describing the way elements, status parameters (don't call them "stats", and use "knocked out" instead of "KOed"), and ailments/debuffs affect gameplay. These concepts can be designated into subsections of "Battle Gameplay".
- With regard to your grade acquisition input on one of the Grade Shop pages, please do format it in the tabular format following the style of the Graces Grade Shop page.
- On your "allusions", I find this to be mostly superfluous given how Tales games have a tendency to cross-reference past (and future!) games and other Namco/Bandai titles like iM@S, .hack, etc. Although there is a value to these pages, any kind of exhaustive list becomes 'more info than necessary', and I would want to have this content placed into the talk pages of each game rather than on a user workspace, both for accessibility and to prevent this content from being designated as pages of their own. This can be open to discussion but I don't want these stuck as a personal plaything.
- For arte descriptions, please avoid rehashing what is already said for the general descriptions of each arte. Zestiria artes are not significantly different from the general executions, and any relevant differences can be noted in that first paragraph if they are really all that different from the other minor differences that every single game exhibits. I think every page you edited for this purpose needs to be fixed due to absurd levels of redundancy. Successive paragraphs are meant to describe alternative activation means or alterations to the artes themselves, which can vary in each game.
- Well, that tabled data for stats or whatever can be helpful either way since it might be incorporated into the "Battle Gameplay" section of the game's main article like you said, it's just that the table will be used as a reference.
- It appears that the grade acquisition thing was removed, although I'm not really sure why, but I won't argue.
- Those allusions pages were mainly for my own entertainment, but also learning more about the series since I'm a newbie here so I think that's a good way to get some experience about it. Also, if these "allusions" would be put to game's talk pages just what would be a viable thing of an allusion. Personal plaything? Trust me, I don't just dump things into those "allusions" pages, I have experience with this kind of thing, if only through editing Final Fantasy Wiki.
- Whoops those arte descriptions. I'll be more careful in the future.
I've got a couple ideas of my own if anyone's interested.
1. A page that goes in depth on experience points in the series, with tables detailing the amount of EXP required to level up in each game, going from the initial level to max level. Here's an example from the Mabinogi wiki to show what I mean: http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/EXP#Experience_Chart We could construct our tables similarly to theirs.
2. A page that defines all the requirements to obtain grade bonuses or lose grade in each game.
- 1. Are you willing to test every single game's experience thresholds per level up to lv999 in each version of Phantasia, lv200 in Destiny PS2, etc? Not even the JP wiki sites have tried to do that. Granted, it would be useful if stat progression per character per level is also included, but this is almost literally impossible for Destiny 2/Symphonia/Abyss/Graces due to their permanent stat modifier systems, unless you want to torture yourself with a challenge run with suboptimal stats up to max levels. Even Mabinogi can't do this for the exact same reason, permanent stat modifiers from skill rank-ups, age bonuses, food, and titles.
(open beta to G3 NA/G6 JP player/Aura contributor says hi)This effort is extraneous and better focused toward editing existing pages. Why are we talking about bad new page ideas anyway.
- 2. No. They fit well enough on the page for the Grade Shop for each game, only if designed in table format to fit the style of the page. That is why I deleted all of those lists on the main page for Grade. This data does not belong there. In fact, I kinda want to re-delete that Symphonia grade acquisition stuff that was added because it was copy/pasted from what was once deleted, all spelling errors and phrasing failures included.
How do I add the formatted character information box with the image, game, hometown, etc. I think it would be funny to add it to my Rollo page...
For future reference, use the CharInfo template.
Arosia (talk) 20:13, May 16, 2015 (UTC)
My computer has a large screen, and I use the Wikia skin. Over night, the wiki screen seems to have shrunk and is now appearing in more of a tablet format. It appears this way on all wikis for me. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
Arosia (talk) 02:10, May 20, 2015 (UTC)
- While I use the Monobook skin, I checked the Wikia/Oasis one and it doesn't look shrunk. Maybe it's a problem with your browser?
I tried a different browser. Nothing changed, and it's driving me nuts.
Arosia (talk) 03:11, May 21, 2015 (UTC)