Oh, okay. Thanks for letting me know. Have fun, and see you when you get back.
Arosia (talk) 01:40, October 10, 2014 (UTC)
The images that we got from Abyssal Chronicles are being deleted on their site. We might have to replace them.
Which images? It's not like it really matters. They get most of their images from the official sites themselves anyway. I'm trying my best to keep the images obtained from AC at a minimum. The official sites have literally most of everything we need.
Arosia (talk) 18:10, October 11, 2014 (UTC)
Haha, I just glanced over this. AC does get a lot of their images from the official sites, but I've also noticed that they have a few other solid sources. So much for keeping the images obtained from there at a minimum. I don't mind. They are an affiliate, and they have some pretty awesome shots, particularly cut-ins, that we probably wouldn't be able to find elsewhere with such great quality.
Arosia (talk) 06:20, October 14, 2014 (UTC)
Hello there! :)
I hope I'm adressing the right person. I know there are Lanate and Mayu Miyuki also and I don't know whom of you I have to write to. English is not my native language, so I apogolize if there are any mistakes in my writing.
I would like to know whether you would enter into a partnership with a german Tales of Wiki?
"Pfotenballenklub" is the name of our wiki and in english it means "Paw pad club". If you played Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World you may know that Presea and Regal opened a Paw Pad Lover Club in the Lezareno company :D. Our wiki isn't that big yet but we do our best to grow bigger. You can visit it here if you want. We could even make Interlanguage-Links.
I certainly don't mind a partnership. I've taken a look at your wiki, and it appears to me as if it's organized and growing nicely. Before I add a link to your wiki to our home page and consider the interlanguage links, I would like for the other bureaucrat of this wiki, Mayu, to comment on the matter first. I typically try avoiding making decisions such as these without her say. She is currently very busy in real life, so it may be a few days or so before she replies. However, your request has been noted, and I don't believe she will have any problems with it.
Arosia (talk) 18:24, October 12, 2014 (UTC)
Hey again :)
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll wait for Mayu's answer then :)
- Hi, this is AyuMayu! I certainly don't mind the creation of other-language wiki sites on the same topic as long as people are dedicated to supporting such sites, and this kind of partnership helps to tie together fans of the same series regardless of their nationality/language. I definitely support affiliation. To be honest, I always wanted to add some content to our wiki that would be more relevant to PAL-region fans like official translations to the PAL-5 languages where they exist, and this would make it easier to acknowledge at least the German-based content. I just hope people don't randomly start creating Spanish or Italian language Tales wiki sites just for the sake of having such sites without the dedication to improve them.
- Hello and thanks for the quick answer, Mayu^^. Well, we do our best and hope that some more people will join us soon and help us out too. So our wiki would be a good start for such partnerships ;)
- We would add a link to your wiki on our partner list and if you both agree with Interlanguage links I would request them for our wikis soon. I would also add the interlanguage links to your articles if I'm allowed to so you don't have to bother with that :)
The interlanguage link you added to the Renegades page seems to be broken, or does something have to be activated first in order for it to work? I really don't mind the links, and I've already added a link to your wiki to our homepage.
Arosia (talk) 00:52, October 17, 2014 (UTC)
- There was a mistake when linking the wikis but now it works :)
- We've already added a link to your wiki too.
I noticed you deleted some of the images I uploaded (Such as Ion Extension, Akzeriuth, etc). While I understand Akzeriuth was deleted (since there's a HQ anime image now), I don't get why the Ion Extension image was deleted as well. I noticed on the page itself the image was deleted due to violation, but the image was taken from the game itself, not from any other site.
As part of my image cleanup, I have been deleting images with violations in regard to file names, descriptions, and citation. Those images probably fell through the cracks somewhere due to one or more of those violations. If you upload an image, please adhere to the rules listed on our Images page. If the image was taken directly from the game itself by you, then please state this so that we don't assume it carries some copyright violation. I vaguely remember you stating these images were your own, and they may have even been listed as such by myself, but this is a fairly large project, and I may have deleted it without connecting the dots. If you can provide me with the file names of the images deleted that you claim are yours, I will restore them and provide the necessary information.
Arosia (talk) 18:30, October 12, 2014 (UTC)
Yep, they were definitely my own. And the descriptions (as well as the source, etc) were updated as well (by yourself too).
Here's the names (taken from the e-mails).
This page was previously located at File:IonExt.jpg
This page was previously located at File:IonExt2.jpg
This page was previously located at File:Akzeriuth1.jpg (I don't mind the Akzeriuth one, since it was already replaced by an Anime Image anyways).
If you need anything else, feel free to let me know. Hopefully they aren't actual violations. But as far as I know they were 'ok' last time after properly adding descriptions, etc. :S
It was just a simple case of me deleting them without realizing I had already confirmed their source and cited them myself. Like I said, I've been doing a massive cleanup of images on this wiki, and your images are actually an exception to how most images are on this wiki (stolen from blogs and uploaded recklessly). Anyway, I've restore the Ion extension images, renamed them, tweaked the information on their files, and added them back to the page. The Akzeriuth image is unnecessary at this point in time.
Arosia (talk) 20:26, October 12, 2014 (UTC)
Alright, thanks! :)
hey I'm real sorry I seemed to have fudged the bucket on my edit of Raven's article I'm so sorry
No worries. I fixed it.
Arosia (talk) 17:07, October 13, 2014 (UTC)
Oh, lol. Yes, I love healers, and I only play as female characters. Some healers I'm not overly fond of though, as I consider a character's personality before choosing to play as her. I also enjoy engaging in combat, particularly with a bow, rather than casting spells constantly. As such, Natalia is easily my favorite character in the series. I love her personality, status as an archer, and ability to heal. I have the most fun playing as her, although I really like Tear as well. Tear can engage pretty well in battle without relying on spells, but the fact that she does have potent spells, including the best healing spells, makes me enjoy playing as her all the more. I frequently switch between the two. Nanaly is another archer I enjoy playing as, and it just so happens that she's my favorite character from ToD2 in terms of personality (I always consider these things lol). I have to be comfortable with who I'm playing as. Mint and Raine are two of my favorite healers, and then I eventually found an interest in Norma. Interestingly enough, I don't care for Annie or Estelle, and although I play as Rutee in ToD, she's not particularly a favorite of mine (Mary is more entertaining, but I like having a full-Swordian party). I think it's because she uses a sword, and I'm not too keen when it comes to melee. I love Judith though.
Arosia (talk) 00:48, October 17, 2014 (UTC)
i hear ya on personality. I dont like the ones who are clumsy and naive. I play as just about every character you do except philia for toD. Im not particulary fond of rutee.--- Soиya says, stay fabulous!!! 06:52, October 17, 2014 (UTC)
I like Philia too. Spellcasters just aren't my thing though. I mainly like Rutee because she can engage in close-combat, cast spells, and heal, so at least I can have a variety with her. When it comes to characters like Colette and Estelle, I just can't get past the ditsy personality. I prefer a female character who is strong, more independent, and doesn't rely on the rest of the group to save her. Colette and Estelle unfortunately reinforce the damsel-in-distress trope found way too commonly in video games. As such, I feel it diminishes their statuses as protagonists and hurls them into an entirely different category, where they are merely tossed around and forced to be rescued instead of rescuing themselves. Claire from ToR suffers from this as well.
Arosia (talk) 07:24, October 17, 2014 (UTC)
So what do you do when there aren't any healers in the party? How will you fight then?
- Ange, Farah, and Cheria for best healers who can also punch/stab you in the face. <3 But aside from them, I prefer the close-and-personal slaughtermaidens like Chloe and Original-Lilith rather than the typical healer-types. And Leon is perfectly valid as a female healer. Also obligatory Keele as a literally unkillable man-nurse tank with the correct Craymel Cage setup, teehee. As for Philia or any other non-Johnny spellcaster in the remake, keep in mind that you can decrease spellcasting durations for each new spell you cast in a single combo chain. You can spam Indignations every few seconds with 80% reduced casting time if you chain a few novice spells before it each time, supposing you have the CC to do it. There's a bit of a science behind it actually, but it makes Philia a very powerful nuke-type character once you get the hang of it and find a good cycle of spells to use. Woodrow has it slightly better with God Breath but the point stands.
Mayu likes to kick ass in a dress. I'm actually not far enough in ToD yet to really experiment what the characters are capable of in battle. I do recall Rita Tidal Wave/Meteor Storm shenanigans being fun to abuse in ToV though.
Arosia (talk) 22:22, October 17, 2014 (UTC)
Warning for Sk8erPrince, 10/18/14
Since some users like to delete the warnings I give them on their talk pages, I think I'm just going to start posting them here on mine for archival purposes. So for any other users who may choose to delete their talk page warnings, just keep in mind that more people will see them on my talk page.
- Not sure why you keep removing Frings and Cecille's full-name information, but I guess do it again and you'll receive your first ban for vandalism. Edit warring isn't allowed on any wiki, so if you see that an admin reverted your edits, you'd be wise to inquire about it before making them again. I would have posted something on your talk page the first time, but I assumed you were just some random user who maybe didn't know. Plus, you know, I have other things I'm trying to get done. As for the information itself, it may be stated in the game (not 100% sure), or we may have obtained the information from this timeline, which is a credible translation of secondary material. Regardless, don't change it again.
- Arosia (talk) 18:59, October 18, 2014 (UTC)
Arosia (talk) 18:21, October 19, 2014 (UTC)
I really want your help. I don't wanna be a problem user, or one that starts trouble. I just want to stay here, and help out the wiki. I don't even know if I'm doing good or not on the Sophie page. Even though you keep telling me to leave, the tales games I play makes me want to come back. (Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Xillia 2). And I'm sorry for that. So can you please, help me. I'll try to be as obedient as I can.