|Hello, and welcome to Aselia. Thank you for you contributions, and please let your friends know about this wiki. If you have any questions, feel free to use the help desk, contact an admin, or leave a message on my talk page. We hope you enjoy your stay.|
Could you merge all of the articles for every game's instance of this world into a single article? The information that we have for Derris Kharlan does not warrant separate pages plus disambiguation, since everything can fit easily on one page, with sub-sections to separate its appearance within the different games. You can replace the existing pages with redirect links to the proper article.
This is only a suggestion, since I believe it would be more organized to put all information on a single page, instead of spreading all of this info across several short-length pages. It's up to you if you want to change this and any other article groups that you have formatted this way - I won't modify your pages since this is not a major problem.
This is unrelated, but I must say that you have done a great job with the articles that you have written, and the images that have been uploaded and displayed within them. It's so nice to see new active and helpful contributors on this wiki, since we have so few of them. Thank you for the work you have done here.
Mayu Miyuki 02:43, 20 September 2008 (UTC)
- Er, somewhat vaguely? Sorry! I spend most of my time on the Digimon wiki rather than there. Lanate (talk) 02:27, 26 September 2008 (UTC)
Re: Lightning Tiger Blade
As Lanate said here, you most likely cast Thunder Blade or Spark Wave during that same unison attack, and the game combined your Twin Tiger Blade and the spell you used to make Lightning Tiger Blade, since the game has an internal order of priority for unison attack outputs that has not been documented yet, as far as I know.
Thunder Tiger Blade is a separate attack entirely, and you will see that without using Genis's mid-tier thunder spell, it will activate with a combination of your mid-tier Tiger Blade attack and Lightning Blade. This is because Thunder Tiger Blade (Demon Lightning Hammer/Raijin Souhazan) is a combination ougi that originated with Reid Hershel as a combination of his own Lightning Blade (Raijinken) and Twin Tiger Blade (Demon Twist/Kogarenzan). The attack animation is impossible to deny. Lightning Tiger Blade (Shuusouraizan) has nothing to do with that combination, or even the "Tiger Blade" series of attacks at all, despite its misleading localized name. (It's a stupid naming decision by the translation group Nintendo - not Namco - used to localize Symphonia, and unfortunately it stuck in Legendia and Abyss despite Namco's usually consistent inconsistencies. Twin -> Double -> Twin -> Double -> Twin Demon Fang anyone? >_>;;)
Just try for yourself, without casting Genis's thunder spells at the same time. You should remove the edit yourself once you confirm it.
Mayu Miyuki 19:33, 1 October 2008 (UTC)
Possible spoilers. 02:29
Devil's Maw is the attack that Emil uses during a unison attack. He does it twice before activating Devil's Hellfire in this video.
Though somewhat unrelated, can you provide similar video proof that Genis' mystic arte is indeed Indignation Judgment? He has Indignation, NOT Indignation Judgment, and oddly enough he has it as both a spell AND as a mystic arte (no matter how stupid that sounds). Please fix that change that edit you made if necessary.
Mayu Miyuki 21:53, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
- --edited 21:57, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
- --edited 22:05, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
I'll change even the my friend already got Genis' Mystic Artye but I guess I need to find out for myself first I guess, sorry Ms. Miyuki and please change the Devil's Hellfire page for me, becuase my internet is going to be turned of in 20 minutes I'll be back on by tonight.--Zolo 22:19, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
Gagnrad = Material Blade.... are you sure?
I'm not going to change this since I haven't played the game yet. But the twin blades do not look like the Flamberge and Vorpal Sword, and according to canon from the first Symphonia, Lloyd left the Flamberge at his mother Anna's grave, incidentally in the same geographical location where it is found over 4000 years later at the Odin Temple during the future timeline in Tales of Phantasia. Lloyd did take the Vorpal Sword with him, but I'm willing to assume that he wanted to put that weapon to rest too.
From what I remember, Lloyd wanted to split the swords permanently, since they are used to combine into the Eternal Sword which can be used to control space and time, a power he considered to be too dangerous. I don't see why Lloyd would go back on that personal promise, so it seems more likely to me that the Gagnrad is just a set of generic twin blades, ambiguously colored by the game devs to cause confusion... dammit Namco. I'd say that the weapons might look similar to the Material Blades, but it's not certain if they are really the same or not. Since it has a different name, it might be better to think of it as a new set of swords, instead of a new plothole.
Besides, in every game the Flamberge and Vorpal Sword appear (ie. Tales of the Abyss as individual weapons, or even the poor cardboard cut-outs that pass for weapons in Tales of Legendia), they always have very distinctive shapes. The Gagnrad looks as generic as normal swords do, except for the colors.
Mayu Miyuki 12:49, 24 November 2008 (UTC)
- I'm sure it is the in strategy guide this is its description:
- Two blades given to Lloyd by two important figures in his life, one is of ice and one is of fire.
- In game description:
- Two blades that of the demon realm.
- Although Lloyd never metions it since he neglects to mention Kratos, I believe this will be my proof.--Zolo 07:33, 25 November 2008 (UTC) ^^
- Okay, I suppose that makes sense then. Yay for plotholes...
- Mayu Miyuki 15:36, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
Yes well, if you look at the in-game description for Richter's weapons and Lloyd's you see an entity named "Dvergr" forged both pairs. So no plot holes. I found that quite interesting. Thank you for fixing the page I made an account just to point that out. I wasn't sure if I would be out of line by fixing it myself.Lord Ratatosk 08:10, November 15, 2010 (UTC)
The gel pages
Thanks for making separate sections but... could you not use separate colors for each table? It looks too tacky, and the dark blue is close to unreadable. Keep them all the same color, though I don't care what color you choose if you want to make it different from the arte lists.
As for enemy drops, these come from specific creatures, definitely not "novice enemies" or "all enemies". If you don't have the info for what they drop from specifically, leave the section blank or with a "?" or something. The existing enemy drop info from Abyss for apple gummies was mostly correct. And like I said in that anonymous user's talk page, some games have different healing effect percentages - I'm sure one of them has apple gummies heal 25%, but I don't remember which. It's definitely not "every game" that does 30%.
Lottery Gels appear in Tales of the Abyss too. There's also things like Scallop Gel (Legendia), Tuna Gel (Eternia), Dragon Gummy (Destiny PS2), Specific/Energy Tablets, Treat/whateveritiscalledinsymphonia, etc. There are so many consumable items from each game that I think it's better to work on something else instead of this... Besides, I have some ideas on how to change the table layouts, and I don't want to deal with it right now, so I don't want 5 or more pages to fix when I do get around to it. One page is enough for a test case.
I wish we had someone who is familiar with MediaWiki templates to come help us redo everything on this wiki for consistency... >______>;;
Mayu Miyuki 17:04, 14 December 2008 (UTC)
Okay I'll change the colors to their color of tgheir gels instead how's that. Like Orange Gel will be orange and lemon gel will be yellow. I don't no much about Eternia or Abyss so take care of those please. I'll handle ToS, ToP, and ToS2 okay?--Ratatosk/Zolo 01:04, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
I saw the templates you made, and I thought they were really genious ^^ It makes the "stub"-templates more noticable and funny ^^-
I was just wondering, um... I just watched a scene in ToS:DotNW at YouTube, and Lloyd said something that could be used as a quote for a template that's for expanding an article or section. However, if I made one, that would almost be like stealing your idea. So I wanted to ask if it was okay that I made a template for expanding's. And if it's okay, exacly HOW I make one... ^^" Penamesolen 05:58, 19 December 2008 (UTC)
You can make one if you want to and I tell you how to make it just send me a e-mail for your mail address. So do that and I'll tell you everythin okay?--Ratatosk/Zolo 04:19, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
Okay. Um, I'm not really sure where your e-mail adress is, but my adress is a hotmail-adress, and it is the same name as my username, without any capitalations. Penamesolen 06:57, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
Uhh... before you end up doing too many of those pages....
I don't have a problem with adding a template to those spell pages. But you really should be aware that not every game uses the same elemental system, and that may end up making some of those spells harder to sort out.
The thunder element is the best example (spells like Indignation):
- Phantasia/Eternia/Symphonia/Tempest - Thunder
- Destiny/Destiny 2/Rebirth/Hearts - Light
- Abyss/RadiMai/Innocence - Wind
- Legendia - Lightning (remember that Legendia has a very weird elemental system that separates Ice and Sea)
- Vesperia - Fire AND Wind
Try to categorize a spell like Thunder Blade... you can't sort it properly because of all the different elemental systems. Only Phantasia and Symphonia use the standard 8-element system which your template is based on. The other games have weird elements like Time or Void or Curse, and Rebirth also uses the Chinese pentagram of elements system outside of battle (Water/Fire/Earth/Wood/Metal).
Even as I'm doing the arte lists for RadiMai 2 right now, I find things like Divine Saber listed under the Wind element, even despite Harold having her other Light spell extensions (like Trinity Spark... which looks like a Thunder element attack) listed as Light element spells for this game. It's all very confusing, but that's what the developers decided to do.
I can't think of any real suggestions or alternatives right now. I guess it's fine to keep the template as it is for now, but it will cause confusion when it comes to certain spells. I only want you to be aware of the possible problems.
Mayu Miyuki 00:25, 25 January 2009 (UTC)
How's about we put them in ABC order then?--Emil Castagnier 03:52, 25 January 2009 (UTC)
Could you elaborate on this please? "Well found it talk to Zelos in one of his Z-skits with Lloyd only if you say go on in it, he'll reveal that his sister and have a seven year age difference. :P" -188.8.131.52 02:25, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
- I believe you might have missed the entire point of a wiki. (I'm the IP, incidentally). While I realize most Wikias are not ever going to be entirely sourced like Wikipedia is, it is the responsibility of the contributor's to be able to back up their claims if they are asked. It shouldn't matter if said person is anonymous. I had tried researching the answer myself and wanted to know how you got it. All I wanted to do was verify something on a wiki (that has now been changed three times) instead of blindly believing something that 'some guy on the internet said was true'.
- And why would I ask? Because I couldn't find the Z-Skit on the GameFAQs list. You've been unusually hostile about the answer which makes your claims seem dubious, and you won't even share your findings on a Wikia, which is entirely missing the point. In any case, I appreciate you explaining how to get it, because I wasn't sure what you were saying in the editing comment. I also moved this discussion to the bottom as requested (the talk pages on my wiki are done a bit differently, since I usually don't edit wikias). -Gamehiker 13:35, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
Remiel != Rem
Seriously now, common sense please. The Aselia world has Aska and Luna as the dual-representative of the Light element, while every other world has Rem to fill this role (and no Aska/Luna/Origin). Remiel is sure as hell not a summon spirit, and he has nothing to do with Rem.
Are you seriously about to edit in that Dhaos represents the element of Time in the Aselia world? I sure hope not. Dhaos and Sekundes are separate entities, no matter how similar they are. Remiel and Rem.... aren't similar at all, so this should be a non-issue. It's not even speculation - it's wrong.
Mayu Miyuki 02:48, 6 February 2009 (UTC)
- I read it on wikipedia, fine I'll put it as a trivia.--Emil Castagnier 02:51, 6 February 2009 (UTC)
Geh, not everything on Wikipedia is accurate. As I said on another comment here, you have to look at the history on Wikipedia before you take anything on there for fact. That's some poor-minded idiot who thinks Rem and Remiel are related, and it's not true. Don't post it as trivia, delete it completely. IT'S WRONG.
Besides, Rem is a female.
Mayu Miyuki 02:54, 6 February 2009 (UTC)
- Well it's been there for almost a year so I guess it must have made some sense, then no personal opinions on the wiki ten I guess I'll take those theories of Luke's ressurection then?--Emil Castagnier 02:57, 6 February 2009 (UTC)
I'm looking at that article now. I'm guessing you missed the precise wording that Remiel might be "a possible reference" to Rem. Remiel is not said to be "based on" Rem like you said here, so I guess it's your own delusions then (lol chaos;head). Remiel does not share artes or spells with Rem. Again, bringing up Sekundes, he DOES share artes and spells with Dhaos (being a direct cameo of him), yet does anyone at all consider Dhaos to be the master of all temporal dominion? That's technically Origin's domain within Aselia, is it not? Rem's position within Aselia is held by two other summon spirits, split among Sun (Aska) and Moon (Luna). Rem does not exist in Aselia's continuity, and this isn't even debatable.
Theories are theories. Your theory that Rem and Remiel represent the same thing is a [crack] theory. They do not - this is a fact.
Mayu Miyuki 03:10, 6 February 2009 (UTC)
The edits of templates
Why have you suddenly taken off the sprites in the Stub and Unlocalized-templates? And why is it that some of them aren't changed? Is it because they are taking too much space?
Penamesolen 13:49, 8 February 2009 (UTC)
Oh yes that's mostly it I was going to change the picture one, because I going to add a face image of Arche. But the delete, warning, and wikipedia template don't really need to be changed.--Emil Castagnier 22:09, 8 February 2009 (UTC)
And exactly why must Arche be in a templat that is made for Lloyd and Luke, etc?
Penamesolen 20:39, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
You know just do what ever you want just make sure thatthe template isn't super big. I'm making a new stub template just to tell you and I will have a Lloyd sprite.--184.108.40.206 16:48, 11 February 2009 (UTC) -Zolo6
I think I understand. The delete-, warning- and Wikipedia-templates are usually at the top of the page, so it's not important if they are big or anything. But I'm still confused about the Arche-thing, and the fact that Zelos' template was taken off, as well.
Penamesolen 17:26, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
Thanks for adding info to the arte page, I'm really grateful ^_^
Tales Character class distinctions
How are you classifying certain chars as part of the "magic knight" class, or any other class for that matter? Is it just the ability to perform spells and melee artes together as one character? If that's the case, you should be aware that every character in Destiny 2, Innocence, and Hearts are capable of the same, in addition to all 5 Swordian users in Destiny.
Now who can you consider to be a magic knight? What exactly classifies a magic knight among Tales characters? I know Kratos is labeled as a magic knight in the first RadiMai, but in the second game Zelos is labeled as "miko" (the Japanese term for "Chosen"), and he's essentially the same as Kratos. What's more, Zelos uses the mystic arte that is obtained by the Bishop class. So is Zelos a magic knight or a bishop? Neither, officially he's a Shrine Maiden
like Sanae and Raymoo-- oh wait wrong series like Colette (also listed as "miko" for her class).
So if Zelos can't be a magic knight, then why are some of the others listed as such as well? Leon is a dual swordsman (dual-wielding Chal plus a dagger) with spells. Yuan is a dual-edged-blade user (whatever it's called) with spells. Stahn is awesome... with spells. =P But that's beside the point. Stahn fights more like a warrior than anything. The standard magic knight in both RadiMai games are really just characters who can fight using a "Sword and Shield Style" format (harkening back to the terms used during my AD&D tabletop roleplaying days). None of them use shields (Stahn used to, but that has been retconned in the PS2 remake). Zelos, oddly enough, does use a shield.
Now if we're just going to lump together all of the chars who can cast spells and melee, then we end up with misclassifications. Ruca is directly based on the warrior class, with spells. Ange is directly based on the thief class, with spells. Spada is directly based on the Lloyd class, with spells that include the epic Nay-dig-in-shun. What is their proper class? Ange is the primary healer, but combos much higher than anyone else in the game with her 10-hit basic combo (without artes, and somewhere around 60~70 hits solo with the proper artes and skills), and steals from enemies (and thanks them for it!). So is she a thief, or a priest, or a magic knight? Magic Priest-Thief perhaps? Then what does that make Hisui, a Magical Man-Nurse-Archer? (Actually that sounds kinda hot. <_<;; )
The point I'm trying to make here is that most of the playable characters in the series are so unique that they do not fit into any one class. Any attempt to give them a class will end up requiring us to make up new class names that might not even make sense, and can be used for only one character. I mean, try sorting Kongman into any one category... He's not a grappler/fighter (sure he can throw enemies to the other side of the field to damage other enemies in the throwing path, but he can't pick up and slam down knockdown'd enemies), and he's not a monk (sure he can resurrect things by punching them back to life, but he can't heal or use innate chi powers, or use ground/anti-air/air/power combos). The only class he can fit into is the CHAMPION class. Anything else is an insult to his unparalleled manliness.
And obviously the bad thing about this is that we would be picking class names out of the air, if we suddenly have the Magic Twinsword (Spada + Leon + Judas), the Magic Warrior (Stahn + Asch + Ruca), the Magic Lancer (ohwait if Loni is a magic lancer, what would Jade be) and so on. Not to mention the dozens of flavors of "archers" there are in this series (the Magic Archer - Nanaly; the Archer-Healer - Natalia; the Magic Swordsman-Archer - Woodrow; the Magic Archer-with-melee-style-change-hax - Raven; the... Tytree-isn't-a-Grappler-or-Monk-either-Archer; the Javelin-thrower - Moses). These class distinctions don't really exist officially, so now we would be making things up. And it only gets harder for unique characters like Lilith, Johnny, Mimi Baker, and the playable Musician and Wonder Chef of the NariDan games. In fact, what class would we place the Narikiri-shi (Mel/Dio, Frio/Kyaro)? Or Keele and Meredy, who share a relationship (on many different levels) that allows them to trade all of their spells between each other, so either of them could become the main healer or main spellcaster (thus Meredy is not the only "mage", and she doesn't even have to be a mage at all since she can control Quickie to deal melee physical damage). All of these discrepancies are definitely not good for a wiki of facts.
What's the alternative? I say we give up on listing any Tales chars into any classes, unless they are made official through Radiant Mythology localizations. I don't like the idea of making up class names, even if the Magical Man-Nurse-Archer class is nothing short of amazing (but that's because Hisui is amazing). Even if we don't make up class names, we're making up the idea that Yuan is somehow a magic knight when that's not explicitly stated (and in the PS2 version of Symphonia, during the fight with the Eiyuu Trio, Yuan fills the "tank" role instead). The same goes for all other characters. It's useless to claim they're part of any given class anyway since classes only apply to player-generated chars, so I would even go so far as to suggest that entry should be taken out of the charinfo template. All of the Tales chars are made deliberately to be unique, ever since Lloyd was first created to be the embodiment of copy/paste laziness for all future games. Only the chars that have been rolled by players can be considered to be "generics" and tied to a class.
(I probably need to tl;dr myself, but I don't rightly care to bother.)
Mayu Miyuki 17:45, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
I'll delete them, geesh I didn't read this whole thing and I could already tell what this was saying. Also you can classfied them into classes since the website already has their jobs listed on there.--Emil Castagnier 23:28, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
- How about one of these two:
- We cut off the "Main Class" from the CharInfo and put all the class pages so far on Delete.
- We change it from "Main Class" to "Class(es)", telling more than just one, so that we can tell the different classes they belong to (i.e. Zelos=Magic Knight+Chosen, Ange=Thief+Priest, Natalia=Archer+Priest, Ruca=Magic Knight+Brandish, etc.). Note that we therefore should remember to use the classes for the RM-series only if possible (adding titles and such from the games they are from and such).
- Penamesolen 09:19, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
- Well you should know that some characters do have "unique" class names in RadiMai 2 - Iria is classified as a "Gunner" and Zelos is a "Miko" (and Eugene is a "Lancer" in both games), but I don't really remember all of the others. Like I said, some characters simply do not fit into an existing class - Tytree is neither grappler/fighter nor monk, and he mixes unarmed fighting with crossbow attacks. And then there's Ricardo, who can snipe enemies from a distance with his rifle, or use it as a spear to melee enemies Eugene-style (lancer), he can insta-cast magic with his physical artes (Snipe Force, Shot Blast) or use normal magic, and he can heal too. And Ruca is a warrior, despite his broadsword - his attacks are mostly the same as the warrior class, minor differences aside. No shield means he's not a magic "knight"... otherwise Hisui would be a "Magic Knight + Healer + Archer" when he certainly doesn't use a shield... or sword. And then there's Max, the giant bazooka-launching maniac with a world-takeover complex, who acts more like a mage when his "spells" are really just elemental-themed bullets like Aqua Spiral or Rage Laser. I don't want to call him a mage, but then what is he?
- There's too many special cases, to tie all of the characters down to 15~20 official class names. Even multiclassing characters might become a problem, because some characters are all over the place. Classes should only refer to player characters, because the classes themselves can be subject to style changes or revisions - all of the healing spells that the "Magic Knight" had in the first game were removed, and the "Paladin" received better versions of those spells instead. What's to say they won't be changed again?
- Mayu Miyuki 11:50, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
- So you go for the first suggestion to remove it? If that is the case, is it okay if it is changed to race or what kind of group/organization they are in (like, Mithos is a half-elf, and he is with Cruxis)?
- Penamesolen 12:35, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
I wouldn't delete it, because if their classes are on the websites keep the damn main class on the template and add their races on it too. Geesh!--Emil Castagnier 13:53, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
- Zolo6, is everything all right? You seem extremely snappy lately. Is something wrong? We're just discussing how to solve the problem.
- Penamesolen 14:02, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
Yeah I've been stressed out lately with school and other wikis, sorry about my attitude. I think I might take wiki break from the other wikis.--220.127.116.11 14:56, 13 March 2009 (UTC) -Zolo6
- "their classes are on the websites"
- Since you neglect to provide the site in question yet again, let's ask this. What class is Kongman?
- Discussion ended. All reasoning and logic instantly fails. =D
- (Btw, many people accept the idea that Kongman belongs to the Kongman species. Since there is a Female Kongman in the colosseum in the remake, with the same moveset he has. Either it's a cruel excuse for a replica joke by someone on the development staff, or it's a metaphor to show that Kongman's abilities cannot be matched, since all those who can try to rival his power are mere women and transvestites in his eyes. Calling him a mere human is an insult to his manliness.)
- Mayu Miyuki 18:24, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
I say we don't do the class thing unless we want over saturation of class pages, (imagine if the new tales of wii introduces a healer lancer dog ._., classes should just be on the charinfo thing we put in each character's pages)
And kongman is overrated IMO --GenoWhirl24 18:31, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
Okay, so let's sum this up (*problems catching up):
- The "Main Class" is going completely out. No "Class(es)" or such.
- "Races"/"Occupation" is replacing it?
- When a Tales of-characters comes in a RM-game, their class (and possibly title) will be mentioned there, not in the main infobox.
Or did I miss something now?
Penamesolen 19:33, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
- Occupation probably should. A lot of them are mentioned on the official websites, like Hunter on Rid's Eternia profile. Race too, maybe.
- Can we keep the class pages? Some of them cross over onto the Narikiri Dungeon territory. We can make notes on like "confirmed" classes or something instead of speculation. Lanate (talk) 20:39, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
- So you want the Main Class(es) to remain, and also add in Race(s) and Occupation(s)? It's sad that those empty spaces won't disappear, and instead remaind there empty.
- Penamesolen 21:42, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
- I was not able to check the site until today, since the entire "tales.namco.com" server domain has been broken since the 13th of March. (And trust me, this sort of thing happens rather frequently, server-side. Don't you just love Namco's show of appreciation for its only English fanbase?) But looking at the character page... you must be a moron if you want to consider these to be indicative of Radiant Mythology classes. Raine is listed as a "mage"... what. Sheena is listed as an "assassin"... what. Presea is listed as an "axewoman"... what the hell. You want to follow these classes? Seriously? By this logic Luke should be an "axewoman" too.
- "Classes" are not set in stone for Tales characters. This 5/6-year-old site, listing only eight characters out of over 70 playables in the (main) series, does not provide us with a reason to force all characters to a class. They might change when more classes are introduced (see Lloyd's "Swordsman" -> "Twinsword" transition), or they might be so unique that there is simply no proper class to add them to (examples abound). This site does not explain why Leon should be a "Magic Knight" and not a "Magic Fencer/Twinsword/Chal-plus-dagger" instead, or even more importantly, what class Kongman belongs to. I rest my case.
- Mayu Miyuki 03:41, 18 March 2009 (UTC)
Kongman? Who's Kongman seriously? I told you I've only played Phantasia, Symphonia, and Symphonia 2. I've barely restarted to play Destiny and Eternia agian. Maya don't use moron it hurts my feelings. XD
And sorry I didn't reply sooner I got in trouble so I lost computer for a couple of days--'''Lloyd Irving''' 05:41, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
- Kongman is that big fighter-guy from Tales of Destiny. His localized name is Bruiser Khang, but his Japanese one is Mighty Kongman.
- Penamesolen 05:50, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
I didn't get far in Destiny in my first play through well at least I know now.--'''Lloyd Irving''' 05:58, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
Your comment on the Lloyd article history
Scott Menville isn't coming back because Namco is cheap. It is not his fault.
PS Brian Beacock sucks 18.104.22.168 23:58, 23 April 2009 (UTC) Beacock is awesome and so is Menville. Menville has even stated that he's never coming back as Lloyd Irving.--'LloydIrving 17:18, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
Scott has never said this. BS until you prove it. 22.214.171.124 19:35, September 3, 2009 (UTC)
Yep, I am indeed!
I don't think I've seen you around there before, though... Pictomancer 20:09, September 8, 2009 (UTC)
Huh? Why? Pictomancer 21:25, September 8, 2009 (UTC)
Edits from your IP address
I need to inform you that there is an anonymous user, who shares the same IP address that you have, who has been deleting the content on several pages for many months now. There is always someone who is around to revert and undo these edits almost immediately, so this somewhat frequent content deletion action has not resulted in any severe problems for us yet. Still, I don't see any reason why any fully completed page content should be deleted at all, and these edits are just an annoyance that we shouldn't have to deal with.
Looking at the edit contribution log of that anonymous user, it seems that you also made some helpful edits in the past without logging onto your wiki username. Therefore, I'm inclined to believe that the current vandalism-type edits are not made by you, but by someone who lives with you or shares the same Internet connection. Because you are one of our more helpful contributors from previous years, I do not want to have to resort to blocking this IP address, since that would block you from editing unless you are logged in from now on. But if it happens again, I will not hesitate ban this IP, and this should serve as an explanation of why you might not be able to contribute as an unnamed user in the future.
If I'm correct about this anonymous user being someone else, then would you be able to stop that person from continuing this kind of harmful editing?
Absolute Zero's arte names
If you're going to add those into the pages, would you mind copying what I have compiled already onto this page? Yes this includes the Japanese names, because they are a viewable option in their patch. Phantasian Productions also released a demo with their own translated names along with a similar Japanese name option, and this must be listed too, as it is an official release from their group. Everything that I have listed here is from both patches, and I am still personally irritated that no one has bothered to add these things in yet, after several months. I spent a lot of effort and time to make this and the other lists, and no one is bothering to justify my efforts, even if all they have to do is copy and paste...
- Sorry to bother, but I also have info on the SFC and GBA versions that could also be used, if you wouldn't mind keeping an eye on that as well. It is also in copy-paste format. Lanate (talk) 22:02, February 15, 2010 (UTC)
One more thing to bother you with, if you don't mind. When you upload new images, can you at least state within the image summary what site you copied the images from? I'm trying to crack down on licensed content, and I need all images to be sourced and accredited so we can add proper descriptions and categories to those images. I'm trying to get everyone else to do the same thing.
Will Help Working With Legendia...
If you need any help dealing with Legendia's pages, I'll help get some up. I'm planning to create pages for the main cast's titles as soon as I'm able to borrow my sister's laptop and sit in front of the game to get everything down. Mayu Miyuki has told me she will edit the pages as needed with the Japanese titles as well once I'm finished (with either the whole thing or as I add the pages). I'll probably work on editing the character's pages, namely what with first adding in the relationships as I did with Jay. I'll probably be updating Jay's relationships again anyway to add the Oresoren and Solon. I'll be doing this with the main cast, so Legendia's characters should have a good load of information by the time I'm done them.
- Sounds good, glad to see another dedicated Legendia fan here. =) I'll be working on Legendia character and location pages too once I finish the Grace's character pages. --Zolo Miphares (talk) 19:13, January 24, 2011 (UTC)
Is there a page specific to dummied Data? Cause there is alot of dummied data in the games that Im sure people would like to be able to take note of, cause from what you said, you cant put them on an artes page?
- We simply don't display dummied data on this site.
Thank you for the redirection. Did you manage to get my message by any chance? What can I do to make a new page more interesting? Oh and I won't be adding pages for a while. I'll take into consideration the priorities list you gave me :)
And did you think I couldn't understand English? :/
- To make a page more interesting, you have to provide a hefty amount of information and the page can't be a stub. Don't create an article with one sentence stating the obvious about the subject, don't include yous in the article sentences, parenthesis, don't state fan theories, etc. Sorry, I really can't explain this well enough, Mayu is the one who knows what to say. -_-
- On a side note, I thought you didn't understand english, because of your username and some of the pages you created had a lot of spelling and grammatical errors. My apologies. --Zolo Miphares (talk) 10:22, November 27, 2011 (UTC)
"yous" isn't a word just to begin with. I hate that word. Sorry my username isn't English. It's my nickname, Wally of Water. Okay so the pages I created need lots of detailed and structured information. Can you list the errors I made please? I felt terrible when you said I had lots of errors. It's not your fault so don't apologise. I took you the wrong way. I thought you were going to rant at me like Mayu did so I kind of freaked.
What about adding pictures to support the page visually?
- Don't worry, I fixed most of your spelling errors. I don't particularly care when I have to fix some errors, as long I don't have to fix a whole one sentence article page. I don't post warning messages to new users that edit under good faith, since I'm from an easy going wiki. The thing about pictures, mainly I am all for them since they tend the image look better. Getting them is kind of annoying, due to our image policy. You have to get them yourself by using screenshots plugins on your game system, using Dazzle to record your own gameplay videos and get a screen shot from it This is what I do now!, scanning a strategy guide image Highly unlikely since Namco doesn't localize all the games here, or you can use emulators. You can try to get the image from the internet, but as long you have the image owner's permission and you have to fill out what site you got it from in the summary box. You can't take print screen shots from YouTube videos and place them here on the wiki, due our wiki's image policy. I hope this answered your question. --Zolo Miphares (talk) 11:35, November 27, 2011 (UTC)
Ok dood, seriously. This is about my edit to the Tenebrae page. I provided a URL to proof of this, and you delete it completely. What gives?--Hatsodoom 19:04, December 3, 2011 (UTC)
I noticed you removed some of my images. Was there something wrong with them? Sorry, I'm not familiar with what should and should not be used. Moviebaby 04:42, January 4, 2012 (UTC)
- The images you uploaded were fanart. Fanart never goes on main spaces pages, due to the fact they are not official artwork from Namco. --Zolo Miphares 04:47, January 4, 2012 (UTC)
Oh, well one of the images I uploaded was taken by myself from an official guide of one of the games; is that not allowed either? And then another picture used images that are in the game, just with names added at the bottom; none of this is allowed? Moviebaby 04:57, January 4, 2012 (UTC)
- The world map image was in poor quality and taken from a camera, which should never be on mainspace pages. I would suggest scanning this if you have a scanner. The second image was removed since we already have images of each of the Terrors on their separate pages. --Zolo Miphares 05:01, January 4, 2012 (UTC)
Oh, I see. I will work on obtaining a better quality image for the world map. As for the Terrors - could I create a page for them and use that image? I noticed there isn't one. Moviebaby 05:04, January 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Only create a new page if there is enough content to warrant devoting a whole article to the subject itself. If you think you can create an in-depth essay about the Terrors as a group, without being redundant with what already exists on their own pages, then by all means, go ahead and create the page. Otherwise, I would discourage making a page that is worth just a few short sentences per section which state the obvious or relate only to one of the Terrors instead of the whole group. Personally, I don't think we need a page on the Terrors as a whole, but if there is enough info for it, then it's good to have since it keeps consistency with the pages for the Grand Cardinals and the God Generals.
- As for the images you uploaded, fanart is strictly prohibited on this wiki. Anything that is not official content from the games or other media published by Bandai Namco Games or affiliated parties will never be allowed here. With that in mind, any images which -do- come from Namdai itself, such as status screen or cut-in images, or direct-feed gameplay images, are the only things that are allowed here. Of course, everything that you upload must always be cited for its original source, so that we can know for certain if what you upload is fanart or not, and nothing will be given the benefit of the doubt. Furthermore, we must know if the images themselves are copyrighted by the person who took the screenshots or rips or whatever, and if that person is aware of and agrees to our use of the images on this wiki. Failure to do this will also lead to copyright violation, unless the images come from the databases of Abyssal Chronicles or our other affiliates, though I am not particularly interested in enforcing this rule at all times. But there will eventually be a time where I comb through every image used on this wiki, and if it does not come with a source, I will reupload the image and add the source myself, or failing that, I will delete the image.
- Now about that image of the DotNW guide taken with your own camera, I would prefer a more high quality image, but I'm not about to delete it since you created and uploaded it yourself, meaning you hold the copyright for that image. However, you should state that fact in the image summary when you upload the image itself, otherwise it would be caught in my above-mentioned sweep of all images if I ever get around to it (which probably won't happen anytime soon). That image can be added to the page, but I would prefer to see it replaced with a clearer image of the map itself. The reason low-quality images are discouraged is due to one person who decided it would be a smart idea to take screenshots of Youtube videos, which is not only stealing copyrighted content, but it also violates our no-video policy. And those images looked ugly. There should be no reason to have pictures on articles for the sake of having pictures, especially if those pictures are of bad quality.
Thank you for taking the time to answer! Moviebaby 17:44, January 4, 2012 (UTC)
I like how you show up out of no where to revise my edits, but don't any other time to help monitor the recent changes on this wiki. Since that image did not go there, you could have had the decency to put it where it does go. Which is where, exactly? Her page? Where could it go? Is it that much of a deal that it has to be an in-game shot? And if it is, why don't you get it? You have methods of obtaining images, yet you never add any. In fact, you never do anything. You probably used to, but now, you get on and somehow only notice my edits. I can guarantee that I am not this wiki's problem. I clean pages, add pages, add content, and every now and then, add images. That's if I can find a proper image. None of our affiliates have a decent gallery to make use of, and unfortunately, every web page that does have some decent images is off-limits due to copyright violations.
Everyone is always groaning how much this wiki needs work, but they're never willing to put in the effort to change it. This wiki needs images, and from what I know, you're able to obtain them. Why don't you help us out? Why don't you clean, add, or do something else useful? Please, please, PLEASE do not focus on my edits. Unlike a lot of people on here, the majority of the time, I know what I'm doing, and do not come back and say that I don't. Unless you're silently monitoring everything I do, which is what it seems like, you don't know. If you don't like what I'm doing or how I do it, tough. I'm not going anywhere. I will learn what is necessary and try to make this wiki great, but I can't do it alone, and I certainly can't do it with you breathing down my neck.
Moviebaby 00:06, May 27, 2012 (UTC)
- I thought I'm the one who breathes down everyone's neck regardless of who they are. On individual arte pages, the images should be the arte in action, not a gratuitous shot of the arte banner or cut-in image. The cut-ins should go on the page devoted to the character him/herself, within the gallery section... though I was the one who opposed having a gallery in the first place since I always felt that the image categories can serve as galleries as is. That was one instance of me being overruled by everyone else, so whatever, as long as it's not Wikia's gallery system. Many mystic artes are not exclusive to one character, after all... and I hate the ones which -are- exclusive due to my opinions regarding arte use in the series as a whole, but that's a tangential topic. So having the face of a character on an arte page really does nothing to show what the arte looks like. It's not about it needing to be an in-game screenshot, it has to be a screenshot of the arte proper.
- And I don't really see how Zolo is being more passive-aggressive than, say, myself. I even yelled at Zolo a lot in the past before when he was more active. And I quite the lazy one in the first place since I have no motivation for Tales anymore. I hate what the JP side of the company has done to Tales. I hate the Tales Cycle. I'm really only still on this wiki out of some vague sense of obligation to keep the wiki as "clean" as possible. Any frustrations really should be vented at me since I know I deserve a lot of it, not that it would change the way I do things because it's who I am.
- @ Zolo - Moviebaby is right about not being a problem user though. The problem users are the ones I find myself having to overexplain to, only to be ignored, particularly Winxfan. I don't really know or care about what you've been doing lately, but yeah, if there's anything that Moviebaby needs to do in a specific way or if there's something wrong, I'm already around frequently enough to catch it before it snowballs. The problem rests with those others who make it a habit to cause problems everywhere.
- Might as well leave this small message, since Mayu edit conflicted me and I accidently unplugged my laptop.Damn HP Battery I have only erased Moviebaby's edits about three times. I don't even think Moviebaby is a problem user, a little bossy and erases useful information by accident, but still a good contributor. I don't get how this led to the scathing message from earlier. --Zolo Miphares 01:44, May 27, 2012 (UTC)
Right you are.
Looking at some of her edit comments, I hope I haven't shot myself in the foot. Thanks for pointing me to her.