Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Arte Description and History
The user slashes with their sword rapidly in all directions, creating a rush of strikes with such speed that wind accompanies each slash to deal additional damage.
This attack first appears in the PlayStation version of Tales of Destiny as the final and most powerful melee attack that can be learned by Garr Kelvin. This is his only Sacred Skill, allowing it to be chained at the end of any attack as part of a combo. This attack represents a merger of his training in both swordsmanship and archery, combining aspects of both styles into a single attack while making up for his inability to use his pure archery abilities while a melee weapon is equipped. He retains this arte in the remake versions of the game as one of several purely sword-based attacks, despite its Wind-elemental properties.
This arte appears rarely within the movelists of other characters and classes, having been added to the Brandish class of Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 as an attack that chains between the base and arcane artes that were used traditionally by Veigue Lungberg. This attack marks one of the few differences between this class and the more magic-based Paladin class.
In Tales of Graces, Asbel Lhant obtains this arte as part of his "Sheathed Blade Assault Style", enabling its use while his sword is held within its scabbard. This attack is unique from others within the same style because Asbel draws his blade to execute the attack. After completing the arte, he returns the sword to its sheath, allowing him to continue within the sheathed blade style without requiring a Style Shift action. This attack can also be activated as part of an altered arte chain, during which the three Burst Style attacks, Frost Breaker, Moonlight Circle, and Infernal Torrent, are used in consecutive order. Void Sword replaces Infernal Torrent after it is used again at the end of this chain, returning Asbel to the "Artes Style" automatically.
- Tales of Destiny (PSX) - Garr Kelvin (Void Sword)
- Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut - Garr Kelvin
- Tales of Innocence R - Spada Belforma
- Tales of Hearts R - Chlorseraph (Void Sword)
- Tales of Graces - Asbel Lhant (Void Sword)
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 - Garr Kelvin
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Garr Kelvin
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Brandish class, Garr Kelvin
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Brandish class, Garr Kelvin, Asbel Lhant
- Tales of the World: Reve Unitia - Asbel Lhant
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Destiny (PSX)
Localized Description: "A sword attack that tears enemies apart with the force of vacuum."
Tales of Graces
Localized Description: "A wave of null energy spreads as Asbel unsheathes for a wide-ranging, multi-stage slashing attack."
- ↑ Tales Series Translation FAQ by KusanagiLord02 GameFAQs (2006-11-05) Retrieved on 2008-07-24.
- ↑ Tales of Destiny (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough by CMoriarty / Psycho Penguin GameFAQs (2002) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.