Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Arte Appearance and History
In its original form, Whirlwind appears as a small tornado that spins around enemies for a short time before dissipating. It is graphically similar to Cyclone, which generates a larger tornado effect. In the PlayStation 2 remake of Tales of Destiny, the spell has been modified to have a melee context when used by Garr Kelvin, in which, after a short spellcasting delay, he slices at the ground with his sword, generating wind shears from each slash as a cross mark is formed in front of him. The range of this spell is now focused on the area directly in front of Garr, preventing it from being activated against distant enemies. This form is also similar to the strike arte used by flying enemies in Tales of Zestiria.
In Tales of Graces ƒ, this spell is used by Emeraude and the Little Queen. It summons a sphere of searing winds that also rains lightning around the surroundings. In Tales of Innocence R, this is a strike arte used by QQ Selezneva. She jumps into the air and slams her weapon into the enemy, generating a small whirlwind on impact. In Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, the Caerurea monster spins to simulate the whirlwind using its leafy appendages.
This arte has undergone several permutations in spelling despite referencing the same phenomenon and general effect, with each spelling consistent within the game itself. It was originally written as Wooruuindo (ウォールウインド?) in Tales of Destiny and the Narikiri Dungeon series, but it changed to to Howaaruwindo (ホワールウィンド?) in Tales of Graces ƒ and Tales of Innocence R. It is spelled as Waaruwindo (ワールウィンド?) in Dawn of the New World and Tales of Zestiria.
- Tales of Destiny (PSX) - Swordian Igtenos, Bishop (Whirlwind)
- Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut - Garr Kelvin
- Tales of Innocence R - QQ Selezneva
- Tales of Graces ƒ - Emeraude, Little Queen (Whirlwind)
- Tales of Zestiria - Drake, Griffin (Whirlwind)
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 - Shippuu Toushi costume, Wind Mage costume, Thunder Mage costume, Miko costume, Garr Kelvin
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Garr Kelvin
- Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Caerurea (Whirlwind)