Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Game||Tales of Legendia|
|Hometown||Holy Rexalian Empire|
|Height||6'2" / 188 cm|
|Weight||168 lbs / 76 kg|
|Occupation|| •Sheriff of Werites Beacon|
•Former National Historian
|Japanese Voice Actor||Susumu Chiba|
|English Voice Actor||Cam Clarke|
|Character Designer||Kazuto Nakazawa|
Will is the first person who Senel Coolidge meets on the Legacy, and is therefore the first person to join the party. While rather annoyed by Senel's arrogance, and not so fond of him at the start, Will is willing to help Senel save Shirley Fennes. However, after Senel leaves the party, Will loses all trust he had for him, refusing to help Senel until they reach Oresoren Village. Will also acts as a strategist and mediator during the war against Vaclav Bolud, aiding Jay and Maurits Welnes plan the battle. During the next half of the Main Quest, it is revealed he has a strained relationship with his daughter, Harriet Campbell. Will mainly acts as the adult who keeps things in order, or at least attempts to, and serves more as the leader at times.
Appearance and Personality
A trustworthy man, Will has put his Crystal Eres abilities to good use while serving as sheriff of Werites Beacon. While the townspeople call him sheriff, he refuses to accept the title, and insists he is a natural historian. Often strict and sometimes gentle, his experience, leadership skills, and ability to make hard decisions serve the party well. Yet despite all his strengths, he harbors a single, hidden weakness.
Due to being the oldest, Will is seen as more of a parental figure, something Norma Beatty enjoys emphasizing often, as he is the one who punishes or scolds the other party members whenever they do something that annoys him or has nothing to do with the current situation. He is strict when it comes to certain things, but does have a caring side which reveals itself whenever needed.
Will is a versatile character, possessing both offensive and healing spells in his arsenal, as well as a giant hammer to keep approaching enemies at bay. Despite the fact he equips such a large hammer as a weapon, he does not have much use for it beyond normal attacks, and is far more proficient with the magic of Crystal Eres. He has a higher level of intelligence compared to other characters, but this advantage is offset by the equipment the female Crystal Erens can receive.
- Like all of the protagonists in Tales of Legendia, save Grune, Will's name is derived from literature—in his case, the English writer William Shakespeare.
- Will's nickname from Norma is "Teach" in the English version of the game and "Wilcchi" (ウィルっち Uirucchi?) in the Japanese version of the game. During a cutscene, Norma talks about changing his nickname to "Raynerd". This is poking fun at his intellect. Raynerd is also the official spelling of his last name in the Japanese version of the game.
- Will holds the distinction of being the group's only male Crystal Eren.
- Will's "Mascot" costume is a lion.
- Will is referenced in Tales of Vesperia as a skill named "Raynard" that Karol Capel can learn, which increases his power while wielding hammers, serving as a direct reference to Will.